Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday 11th August 2026

(54 Posts)
Melanie61 Tue 11-Aug-26 05:57:21

Good morning from Sheffield

I have a day of nothing at last. I have been so busy recently. I have nowhere to go and no commitments. So today I will wash, iron, tidy up and cook. Ha ha, a woman’s life eh!

I have planned however for a relaxing afternoon. I have started crocheting a fair isle sweater for Dh. It’s fairly difficult, but that’s what I wanted. I’ve only done 12 rows so far but I like the way it looks.

Take care everyone flowers

Bellasnana Tue 11-Aug-26 05:36:04

Good morning from Malta where the heatwave continues with a high of 40°C.

Had an annoying morning yesterday. Walked up to the village to visit my internet provider and ask why I am still waiting for them to let me know if they have the WiFi extenders in stock.

Was told they no longer have the type I wanted but have new ones, however I would have to bring them my old one before they could give me two new ones.

Back home I went to retrieve said box. Bearing in mind the temperature was heading to 41°C yesterday, I could not cope with walking back so had to get the car out only to be told when I arrived with my WiFi box that the girl had made a mistake and I was given my old box back plus an extender exactly like it which was what I had gone for in the first place! Basically, I did not need to make two trips as they could have given it to me the first time. Oh well, first world problems I know!

Had the boys in the afternoon, both very good boys. DGS2 had a nap while he was there and I could easily have joined him but had to keep awake for his brother. I am so tired these days it’s ridiculous.

After they had left, a very nice couple came to look at my exercise bike which DD3 had put on Marketplace for me.They bought it so I am glad to have it out of the way. I prefer the cross-trainer.

Today I’m meeting my friend for coffee at 9am, then have a hair appointment at 11.30 after which I will go to Lidl. I tried yesterday but it was jam-packed so I couldn’t be bothered to fight my way around!

The boys are coming for a sleep over tonight so I shall need plenty of food in as they are both good eaters.

Hope I last the day as I’m already tired having had another unsettled night.🥱

Wishing you all a good day.☀️

grandMattie Tue 11-Aug-26 05:32:48

Good morning from an already warmer Bristol. I’m bracing myself for the next lot of high temperatures.
My eye test was ok yesterday, but it took several hours (in the blazing sun) for the effects to die down.
The rest of the day was spent pottering . I have finished assembling the patchwork and today shall sew the borders.
Today, I was due to have lunch with a friend, but she called off as she had forgotten that it was her son’s birthday and was going to Slimbridge for the day!
I hope that the mountaineers are better today, and all, as fgt mentioned, are full of contentment.
Carpe diem 🦩🦩🦩🦩

Michael12 Tue 11-Aug-26 05:02:24

Good Morning Everyone,
A twilight start to another hot day here in Brackley .
Usual routine with a bus to Bicester to shop and hopefully chat to those who know me.
I may go back later .
Health OK ,
Take Care,
Mick