Gransnet forums

Chat

I need help!

(28 Posts)
Farmor15 Mon 10-Aug-26 17:57:16

If you're there 3 weeks, he'll make a lot of progress while you're there. If he's crawling now, he's likely to be pulling himself up to standing before you leave.

Farmor15 Mon 10-Aug-26 17:52:37

Sorry to disappoint, but you may not get cuddles from 8 month old who likes to explore. If he doesn't want to sit on his mum's knee, he's unlikely to stay on yours, even if someone else puts him there. He'll wriggle and squirm until you have to put him down. You'll probably have to be content with watching his "adventures". Babies at that age are fascinating.

Newatthis Mon 10-Aug-26 17:20:09

Many of you know through my previous post that I live in a different country from my new grandson (now 8 months old). The good news is that we have just booked flights and will visit at the beginning of September for 3 weeks (yippee). My concern is that I have painful knees and a very bad back(scoliosis) so lifting heavy weights is not possible so I will not be able to lift him from the floor, where he is now crawling, or carry him while I am standing as he is a very sturdy baby. My DD says he doesn't like to sit on her knee anymore as he always want to explore. So - how do I get my cuddles in or has any of you got a quick fix rather than to dose up with painkillers.