Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday 10th August 2026

(55 Posts)
Michael12 Mon 10-Aug-26 04:58:05

Good Morning Everyone,
Its twilight and dry outside here in Brackley as we head into another warm day.
Todays plans bus to Bicester ,shop and say hello to people I know.
After Lunch I have a Blood Test at my local surgery as to the enlarged Prostrate .
Health OK,
Take Care,
Mick

Marydoll Mon 10-Aug-26 08:03:15

Good morning all from Glasgow, where it is only 12°C.

I haven't really got much to say, so I will just wish you all a pleasant day.

DH wants to go to morning Mass, I won't allow him to drive, so I will be his chauffeur.
I may take his car 😨, if he will agree. I have never driven it properly on the road, but the battery needs a boost.

I hope R&L is being looked after. 💕

I haven't really got much to say, so I will just wish you all a pleasant day.

Liberty Mon 10-Aug-26 07:57:44

Good morning from Suffolk where the sun is shining and I have a load of washing ready to go out. I find one of the few pluses of this weather is I don’t have to think about whether it is sensible to put the washing out to dry!

The concert last night was actually a little disappointing and the Glen Miller orchestra were not as good as a band we have now seen a couple of times,once at Snape and again in Norwich. For anyone interested in big band music,they are called ‘Down for the Count’.

The setting of Snape was magical in the warm evening sunshine with many people sitting outside before the concert started and in the interval overlooking the river. We have never seen the carparks so packed and,even though we arrived 15 mins before the start of the concert,even the overflow carpark had only enough room for us and 2 cars behind.

Helpful young men did a wonderful marshalling job although getting out at the end of the concert took much longer than getting in.

Apart from a pedicure this afternoon,a quiet day beckons and I hope all have a restful day.

Enjoy your Chimes group Gingster. I’m sure immersing yourself in the music and camaraderie is a welcome break from your worries about your DH.

hollysteers Mon 10-Aug-26 07:52:53

Good morning from Sunnyside Sandhills northwest coast.
Antiques fair locally yesterday and I didn’t realise there was parking at the venue and parked a little distance away, but the walk was good for me. I picked up a couple of things and took leaflets for contacts as I’m decluttering and have silver etc. I’d like to sell.
I had lunch there too in the open. A massive rustic sausage roll I cut in half and took the other half home.

In the evening I went to my artist’s friend’s open mic night at a newly furbished venue and put my glad rags on. It was a small turnout and the air conditioning was too cold. As I had my arms and legs out (fake tanned) I was rueing not having a cardi or jacket. Left early.

I’m on cat feeding duty next door and they now have an electric coded gate and then a padlocked second gate, which is more of a palaver.
My hip aches at night these days and interrupts my sleep.

Toi toi Ashcombe for tonight and thoughts to R&L🌺

glammagran Mon 10-Aug-26 07:49:59

Good morning everyone.

Youngest GCs all day so must get up. A terrible night so I’ll be very tired.

Hope you had a better night R&D. How lovely that your son took over your kitchen. Please take it easy. I hope your cleaners start soon.

MD and Gingster I sympathise with you both on having ‘difficult’ husbands.

Have a good day one and all.

Gelisa Mon 10-Aug-26 07:46:34

Good morning from a bright Morecambe Bay after some much needed rain last night. I lay awake listening to it as my back was giving me grief. The osteopath has worked wonders over the past year but yesterday it “went” and it was as if I’d never had the treatment. The only thing that helps is a hot water bottle and even that did nothing. I moved to the guest bed to try and find a position
to get comfortable. CDog followed me which was the last thing I needed. I did eventually drop off but it’s still sore this morning. Not good as we are heading to Wales in the camper.
I have a million things to do before we go as I left them till today when the pain started, none of which I can delegate. I’ll see how it goes when I get up. Take care🌸

dragonfly46 Mon 10-Aug-26 07:42:31

Good morning from sunny Leicestershire.

Nothing much planned today. The gardener is not coming as there is not much to do and her elderly mother is struggling. I can sympathise as I too have been there.

I am still struggling with my back especially if I sit too long but if I don’t sit it gives me pain - can’t win!

Wishing everyone the best day possible.

Gagagran Mon 10-Aug-26 07:40:00

Good Morning everyone from another clear and bright sunny morning. Feels cool and not humid so can cope with this! Not looking forward to the heat increasing as the week progresses.

I had a better night's sleep and felt more "with it" this morning as a result. What a wonderful thing a good sleep is!

Nothing much on the agenda today apart from some banking, some laundry and some correspondence.

Wishing everyone a good day with some relief and comfort for the strugglers, worriers or unwell.

EkwaNimitee Mon 10-Aug-26 07:39:54

Good morning Mick and everyone from sunny Carlisle. It's evidently been a cool night, there's condensation outside on my windows and on car windscreens.
Yesterday I went for an early walk, read the papers and then actually got a small job done that had been waiting months. It was so straightforward and simple but I think the same cannot be said of remaining jobs which require more exertion.
It showered on and off all day and then steady rain set in in the late afternoon so there was no chance of gardening.

Today is the usual round of cleaning and bed changing in the morning, the afternoon is unplanned but will be relaxing stuff unless I decide to get out and plant something in the garden...the soil should be moist enough after the rain,

Have a good day folks if you can.

brook2704 Mon 10-Aug-26 07:39:32

Good morning everyone from Inverness where it’s a dry sunny start to the day
Hope you can get it easily sorted at the bank Gingster, then enjoy your time at the Chimes group, you definitely deserve it
I’ve some food shopping to do today and the usual housework and then this evening I’m out at my dancing classes.
Hoping all goes well Ash with full houses!
Thinking of everyone with worries and struggles, hope today is gentle and take care all whatever they’re day brings 💐

Ladyleftfieldlover Mon 10-Aug-26 07:26:52

Morning all from West Oxfordshire. It’s going to be hot but not as hot as later in the week!

I didn’t do much yesterday. I did some work on my new quilt.

Our cleaner is due today. I will do a Waitrose shop before popping over the road to my friend’s monthly craft group.

OH has prepared an Engage Consult message which he will send off this morning. His cough is no better.

Have a good day. I’m thinking especially of R&L and the MDS.

Jaxjacky Mon 10-Aug-26 07:16:20

Break a leg Ashcombe

ginny Mon 10-Aug-26 07:04:53

Good morning from a warm N. Bucks.
We had such a lovely day with all the family yesterday. It was sad not to have my fairly recently deceased brother and nephew with us but lots of happy reminiscing.
Today is DH is off to golf. Hopefully just 9 holes because of the heat.
I am meeting with two friends for lunch. Sadly another friend who used to join us has had to move into a care home. So we will be arranging visits there.
Otherwise the day will unfold as it will.
Wishing a good day to all especially those with worries or illness to deal with.

luluaugust Mon 10-Aug-26 07:04:23

Good morning from a sunny W Kent. Cleaner coming this morning and then DD1 wants to do a bit of shopping. This is her last day with us, it has been so lovely to have time with her.
Something light for dinner tonight I think
Best wishes to all

Gingster Mon 10-Aug-26 07:03:45

Good morning all and I’m enjoying the cool for a short while.

Yesterday I just pottered but didn’t achieve much. Dh still has a sore mouth so lunch and dinner were things to eat easily.

DS1 and DIL came round for a cuppa. They went through my statements with me and found some worrying withdrawals which I now have to go to the bank to sort out.
All this is overwhelming for me . Dh was a banker and did all the necessary. Oh dear! . I knew this day would come.

Today im going to escape 🤯 for a couple of hours and go to my Chimes group. Fill my head with music, laughter and be with lovely people who don’t demand anything of me (only to play the right notes, in the right order) 🤣. I have to catch a bus but will take my water and fan. I miss my air conditioned car.

Marydoll I know how worrying it is with a Dh who is deteriorating physically and mentally. I watch him constantly and wait for a fall or listen for a thud . It’s nerve racking.

Liberty I hope you enjoyed the concert last evening. A lovely place to be on a beautiful summers night.

Thanks to all with advice on scooters etc. Dh refuses to discuss getting one. 😢.

Take care all and keep out of the sun if you can. It’s going to be a hot one. 🥵☀️⛱️

.

Ashcombe Mon 10-Aug-26 07:03:21

Good morning from a sunny Torbay.

Yesterday, I received some lovely comments from worshippers about my piano playing at church. The regular accompanist plays the organ skilfully but loudly! With the small number of attendees at the early service, the piano seems more appropriate. One lady said she found the sound of the piano relaxing. Our late lamented MD regularly used the piano for the small congregation then switched to the organ for the main service.

Final dress rehearsal went quite well. Opening night tonight!

Have a good week, everyone!

🦩💐😎🥰🦩

BlueSapphire Mon 10-Aug-26 07:03:18

Good morning everyone from another bright and sunny 🌞Northampton day.

Up a bit earlier as it is yoga this morning and I need to get a bus. The friend who normally picks me up is heavily involved with DGC childcare in these holidays so is unavailable. However someone usually offers me a lift home, but I always have my bus pass.

I will need to ring the vets when I get back as little cat is still reluctant to eat - the next step apparently is an appetite stimulant. She had a couple of mouthfuls just now, very little compared with her usual appetite. So I may have to pop to the vets to pick up the new treatment.

Not a lot planned after yoga, probably reading. Easy dinner tonight, home-made macaroni cheese from the freezer.
I too watched the NYO concert last night; some tricky pieces which the young musicians played with feeling and showed off their sheer musicality and energy.

Wishing all a pleasant day.

monk08 Mon 10-Aug-26 06:57:29

Good morning all from the Black country, overcast at the moment but another hot one is predicted.
Today DH and his friend are going to look at a fishing venue so I have a few hours to myself, will possibly get some housework done then finish my book I started yesterday.
Hope all medical appointments go well, safe travels those on the move and virtual hugs where needed.
Have a good day everyone whatever your plans.😎

Jaxjacky Mon 10-Aug-26 06:52:26

Morning from a bright S Hants, lovely cool air for now, MrJ is on a Gatwick run for my daughter and children.
Voluntary phone today and a friend coming round for lunch, just a light salad.
Yesterday was quiet as usual on Sunday.
Have a pleasant day all.
🦩🦩

Redcar Mon 10-Aug-26 06:46:33

Good morning everyone from mid Essex, cool this morning and I think (hope) a slightly less hot day is forecast. A disturbed night, I sleep in the loft conversion at DD1s, not only hot up there, but also noisy, with fast traffic on a nearby main road until midnight. It started again at 5.00 but I couldn’t go back to sleep. If I keep the windows shut it would be suffocating hot so I can’t win!
DD2 will walk the dog at about 8.00 and I may go shopping after that.

I hope I’ll hear from the solicitor about my godmother’s estate today, there are problems which need sorted urgently.

I hope rosesandlilac had a more comfortable night last night and stayed propped on her pillows.

Take care everyone and have as good a day as is possible.

Melanie61 Mon 10-Aug-26 06:45:58

Good morning from Sheffield
Yesterday‘s barbecue went very very well. We all had a very good time.
I always have a little bit of anxiety in case there’s any discord, not that I expect any but because we’ve had a bit of a problem in the past there has.
The family member in question was in a very good mood and happy to chat to everyone.
We got everybody to chuck in and clear away last night, tables and chairs, etc so it’s just a case of the dishwasher working overtime and I will be back to normal.

I am meeting my sister for a shopping expedition this morning which will be nice as I’ve not seen her for a few weeks and then working this afternoon ,back to my normal routine. Take care of everyoneflowers

harrigran Mon 10-Aug-26 06:43:00

Good morning from a dry NE where it is 11° with a forecast of 18 ° this afternoon. Yesterday was grey and showery and the only sunshine was for a few minutes just before sunset.
DS sent photos from Oxfordshire where he was lounging in the shade in the parched garden. He doesn't cope well in high heat as he has eczema.
Rang my sister in Germany, she had recently returned from a river cruise in Poland but developed a chest infection. We didn't talk for long because the cough was stressing her.
Nothing planned for today, maybe some light housework and then read.
Have a good day.

GrannyGravy13 Mon 10-Aug-26 06:21:49

Good morning Mick and all 🙋‍♀️

After having a lazy weekend I shall get back to normal today, gym first thing, then I need to make a list of things I need for my holiday. Go through my wardrobe and get a rough idea what I want to pack.

I also really need to sort out the fridge 🙀

Have a good day dear friends 🙋‍♀️

Bellasnana Mon 10-Aug-26 06:07:45

Good morning from Malta where todays high is 41°C. We have an amber weather warning but next week should return to more normal temperatures.

Had a fairly quiet day yesterday. After Mass had the usual FaceTime chat with my friend in Leicester, then didn’t do much until the evening when DD3, SiL and the boys picked me up and we joined my nephew and his lovely family for dinner.

They go back to Kent today but have enjoyed it so much they intend to book for next year. He’s such a lovely person. We had quite a chat about the happy times past as well as the sad ones, and it was a joy to see the twins playing with his lovely little boy. My sister never got to meet her little grandson, she would have been so thrilled with him.

Not used to eating so late, I have tossed and turned all night even though I ate very little. I’m ready to go to sleep again but I must get up, do my half hour on the crosstrainer and then decide if I can wait until tomorrow to go to Lidl or not!

What a lot of early birds this morning. We are an hour ahead here but it still feels very early.😴

Take care all and I wish you a happy week ahead.☀️

karmalady Mon 10-Aug-26 05:43:52

Good morning from s somerset, cloudy first, then sun and a pleasant, if warm, day today

My post vanished, drat

Yesterday was lovely, calm and quiet. cycling was wonderful along relatively traffic-free roads. Followed by a bit of washing, a bit of pottering, sewing and a film to watch

Dd was in a tizz, not having closed windows and doors quickly enough, smoke drift from Ebww vale wildfires (arsonists) the bad pungent smoke affected several counties. She lives rural, near Monmouth and could not see the neighbouring property. I told her to put a buff on (a sporty neckband that can stretch over the face). It was affecting her throat

Today I will be unpicking my dress bodice and will be cutting a new bodice, I will try and save the complicated frill and inserts. I need to lower the front and waist darts and reduce the 2cm side seams. That is the purpose of a toile, I am glad I used a nice cotton for this and have a decent bit leftover, for a new bodice front

Today will be quiet and restful, I will be spending a lot of time with a stitch ripper in my hand, just pottering and doing as I please

Grandmabatty Mon 10-Aug-26 05:39:00

Good morning all from Polmont where it's currently 10° and dry. GrandMattie hope the shopping trip goes well.
Yesterday i went to Aldi to do my week's shop. I reached the checkout and the man in front said he was paying for my shopping! I didnt know him but apparently he is known in Aldi and has done this before. It was a really kind gesture which I will pay forward.
I made cookies for the boys: peanut butter cookies then I planned to make Nutella ones but I didnt have enough plain flour left, so I nipped up to dds and 'stole' some of hers. She was busy doing housework, the boys came for a cuddle then continued playing. I took away some clothes for tumble drying.
Ds flew back last night from Corfu. At least, I assume he did. His flight was delayed and due in after midnight.
Today is early childcare day. I'm not sure what we will get up to. If it stays dry, a visit to the park probably. Then the usual pick up arrangements- dsil will get dgs1 for football training and dd will pick up dgs2. Have a good day all.