Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday 7th August 2026

(61 Posts)
Michael12 Fri 07-Aug-26 04:54:28

Good Morning Everyone,
Its twilight but its dry here in Brackley this morning .
The usual routine of a bus ride into Bicester and back do a shop and maybe have a chat to those I know.
Health OK,
Take Care,
Mick

GrannyIvy Fri 07-Aug-26 14:15:09

Good afternoon everyone I am again late to getting on here today and reading all the news.

Just wanted to say so lovely to hear from R & L today and to wish her a good recovery. Also thinking of MD and her DH and hope all is going well there. Madeleine sorry you are struggling and hope things will become easier as the days go on. Lastly best wishes to all and hope everyone has the best day possible 💐

DianneAngel Fri 07-Aug-26 13:45:45

Roses and Lilac, so glad that you are starting to feel better and you get a lot of rest when you get home, hugs
MD and DH, I hope everything goes smoothly to and from the hospital and during the appointment, hugs

Pigma Fri 07-Aug-26 12:57:58

Very late to the party but delighted to hear that RosesandLilac is on the road to recovery.
Do read back, dear lady, as the previous few days show how much you are cared for on this forum. Everyone has been thinking about you and wishing you well.
Hope you get home today and continue to do well on your road to recovery.

madeleine45 Fri 07-Aug-26 12:26:00

Just scraping in with Good morning Michael and all GN's from a warming up but still grey sky in North Yorkshire. As I was cautiously feeling a bit better , I decided that I must go and get some much needed shopping, as soon as I was showered and dressed today . They promised yet more heat again and we had no luck with any rain, so knew if I put it off I wouldnt want to go at all. So have just shoved a bit of frozen stuff in the freezer, and the rest of the shopping awaits my attention, when I can summon up the energy and interest to sort it. I have enjoyed reading all your posts and catching up with news and views.

So pleased to see you back with us RosesandLilac and on the right side of the operation now. Hope you go from strength to strength with your recovery. I hope that Marydoll and Mr M are having a successful day too.

Yesterday was still a bit tough, and didnt feel up to going outside at all. However at least I was able to have the radio on quietly for a while and then the cleaners came. They were very good about working as quietly as they could. One lady gets bad migraine herself so she knows how noise can make you cringe. So I shut myself away and am grateful not only for the cleaning but that they were able to bend down and pick up various things that I had had to leave on the floor.

I was pleased to see things looking tidier, but there is so much needing to be sorted out, and I am the only one to do it. Have no incentive to do anything, and cant blame the migraine for it all, when I am in this frame of mind , I cant make decisions, and especially those kinds which are like the dominos falling. If you do A then B will follow etc. So I did very little but was pleased to get some washing dry. I decided that it would be a win win mode. If the washing tempted the rain good, or if not it would dry quickly. Well it dried quickly!

BellasNana It is quite a big thing to give up the car isnt it? In practical terms, with the cost and maintenance and depreciation, it probably looks a no brainer to anyone on paper. But when we are used to just setting off as and when we want, and travelling to wherever we choose, then it takes a different mind set to be without a car. If you added up all the costs for the year, it would probably be cheaper to accept using taxis to go to places without public transport.

Well I need to organise something to eat and a much needed coffee and so hoping that you are all having a good day

mamaa Fri 07-Aug-26 10:49:42

Morning all, so good to read RandLs post-take it easy Roses when you get home too.

Hope MD and Mr*MD*s evening/overnight wasn't too 'eventful' and that they have arrived at the hospital without mishap 🤞🏻 fingers firmly crossed.

Have as good a day as you can lovely GN'ers. x

Roses Fri 07-Aug-26 10:41:21

So glad you’re on the mend RL take it easy

WhiteSwan63 Fri 07-Aug-26 10:31:49

Good morning from a beautiful east coast.
I’m ready for the gym so I’ll be heading off soon. DH couldn’t go as he’s a touch delicate from a night out last night. His message came through at 9-30 to pick him up at 9-30 bless him he has a new phone he’s getting used to. The extra pint they had to have while waiting the half hour for me probably tipped him over. That’s his excuse anyway.

Yesterday morning with DGS went well. No self injurious behaviour like the day before. 😢 he was a little star yesterday and loving standing at the edge of his paddling pool pouring and measuring water. When he went I watered the veg patch and filled up the bird baths with it.

Sending love for your recovery RosesandLilac💐
Happy birthday to mr Kittylester and to everyone celebrating today.

Have a good day 🌼

Stilllearning Fri 07-Aug-26 10:18:42

Good morning from South Lanarkshire, distinctly chilly and windy here. Good to here your op has gone well Roses and that you’re getting home, I hope you continue to recover gently and get plenty of rest.

Hope too that today has a good outcome for Mr Marydoll.

I had a pleasant overnight stay in Perth, grandson and partner are happy and cheerful, lovely to see, but I was shocked at how tired I was when I got home last night. Oh dear, age is actually showing!

Best wishes to all for a good day.

EVEOHA2602 Fri 07-Aug-26 10:15:36

That’s great news Rosesand lilac 🙏🏽☘️❤️

Melanie61 Fri 07-Aug-26 09:36:36

Good morning from Sheffield
My very best wishes to you Roses, you sound good
Marydoll hope all hope all goes well for you and Mr M today.
Happy birthday Mr L.

I have been up all night with raging toothache, on the other side of my mouth now . I’m having such a run of bad luck with my teeth.
I’m in to see the Dentist this morning so see what he has to say.
Take care everyoneflowers

Grammaretto Fri 07-Aug-26 09:25:34

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders. Chilly start here.

My DS1 called unexpectedly yesterday evening and took me out for a lovely meal in a country pub. His DW and DD are away so he had the dog.

Meanwhile my helper was at the Military Tattoo.

My DGD1 is 20 today. It seems so recently I was wheeling her in the little pram.....

I'm viewing a house this morning and have my volunteer shift this afternoon. Hope I don't fall asleep on the job.

Good to hear it's over and you may be home again today Rosesandlilac.

All the best for Mr and Marydoll

Have a good day everyone.

Harris27 Fri 07-Aug-26 09:16:56

Nice to hear from roseandlilac keep going your doing great. Glad they are looking after you.

Jaxjacky Fri 07-Aug-26 09:08:12

Lindylou you have my sympathy.
Happy Birthday MrKitty 🎂🥳🍻.

Georgesgran Fri 07-Aug-26 09:01:38

Good Morning from a bright sunny Durham, hardly a cloud in the sky. I was pleased with my haul yesterday, including birthday gifts for my friend’s granddaughter, DGS1 and DD2.
I have an appointment this morning with my solicitor to sign my new will, then in the afternoon, meeting DD2 for our regular nail appointment.
Delighted to hear Rosesand is doing so well, but please rest when you get home.
Fingers crossed for the Marydolls that the hospital visit is achieved without too much drama.

Best wishes to all. X

aggie Fri 07-Aug-26 09:00:36

Good Morning from cool Co Armagh , nothing planned for today
So glad Roses , that you are feeling better , you will be glad to get home , but do take things slowly
MD I hope all goes well this morning

TheWeirdoAgain60 Fri 07-Aug-26 08:58:46

Good morning, Michael12 and all!

Being my day off work today, I'd normally go to my favourite cafe for a Full English, but tonight, about 6, I'm off to Passage To India Fine Dine restaurant. 30-31 Windsor Terrace. They do the most gorgeous meals! I'll have a glass of Cobra with onion bhajees, then for main a Chicken Makhani and popadoms .... and maybe another Cobra!

So today I'll just eat lightly; a cucumber would be OK.

It's 8:57 am, and I'm back to bed as I've had another rough night.

In a while!

FriedGreenTomatoes2 Fri 07-Aug-26 08:43:05

Good morning everyone from south Manchester where it’s sunny (ish) with white cloud and a forecast of 21°C which is lovely as no rain expected.

I woke at 5am, feeling chilly. I closed the window and woke at 8am so I’m going to put the summer duvet back in the bed - sleeping under a sheet only is no longer warm enough!

Our Yorkshire Lass and her husband (I love saying that it’s still a novelty I’m so pleased they got married 3 years ago after 10 together!) are driving over. Here by noon. We 3 have tickets to see the ai wei wei ‘Button Up’ exhibition in Manchester and I’m beyond excited!

They are staying over so we will eat out somewhere. I was taking ‘Manchester’ at first but my generous hearted daughter wondered if my neighbour friend (widowed recently) might like to join us? She was delighted to be asked and so the 4 of us will eat back here. We will call for her once we get off the train across the road.

I felt melancholy yesterday evening. I miss Himself and sometimes I feel a bit ‘lost’ somehow. I had a good cry last night and a good sleep so I’m hoping today will be smoother emotionally. Grief has you riding a bucking rodeo sometimes and it’s all you can do to cling onto the mane and wait for it to calm down.

Thoughts with R&L today.
I shall read all the thread now as I drink my TiB.

NannyJan53 Fri 07-Aug-26 08:34:17

Good morning from the Black Country, a cloudless blue sky where it is 12 deg at the moment

We are off on Sunday to Lyme Regis in the caravan, so today will be starting to get everything together, and packing clothes.

It looks like another week of hot weather, although looking at the forecast it will be around 25 deg there, but could reach 30 here. So perhaps we will be in the right place.

Good to hear from R&L and that the operation went well. Hope you are home soon.

Thinking of MD today and her DH, hope all goes well.

Happy birthday to MrLester flowers

Wishing you all the best day possible.

BladeAnnie Fri 07-Aug-26 08:30:06

I always follow this thread but don't usually post - just want to take this opportunity to wish RosesandLilac a gentle and stress-free recovery flowers

luluaugust Fri 07-Aug-26 08:21:29

Happy birthday Mrkittylester have a good day

Lindylou23 Fri 07-Aug-26 08:20:41

Good morning from South Wales, nothing much happening here for me, I am recovering from a fractured hip 9 weeks in, getting around on crutches it has been a long process another few weeks I think till I am able to walk without crutches and i can do an emergency stop. At least I can sit in the garden for a bit. Have a good day everyone.

Grannydaisy1 Fri 07-Aug-26 08:20:11

roses how lovely to hear from you. Keep on getting better every day

Gingster Fri 07-Aug-26 08:16:19

Good morning . I was cold in bed last night and had to get up to put the duvet on. I’ve been sleeping with just a sheet.,

I’ll make the most of the cooler weather before ‘the heat, the heat, the terrible heat’ is back with us . It really is so draining!

Lots of phone calls and e mails yesterday, back and forth from Solicitors and Estate Agents. We’re nearly there. D day today 🤞.

I’ve been trying to get through to the hospital to book a very delayed appointment for my eyes (glaucoma). It’s 10 months since my last one. They always say ‘see you in 4 months’. Ha!!!
I’ve given up and decided on a private consultant. He could have seen me today 😳, but I have much to do , so it’s next Friday. Why i havent thought to do this before, I’ll never know.
Too much other stuff going on I suppose.

I don’t think we’ll see our Friday friends today. Dh isn’t bothered and I’m a busy bee. 🐝.

How lovely to ‘hear’ from you , Rosesandlilac. You sound upbeat and looking forward to going home to recuperate.
Take care.💐

Good luck today Mr and Mrs Marydoll. Hope all goes well. 🙏.

Wishing you all have a ‘good’ day 🌺

Usedtobeblonde Fri 07-Aug-26 08:10:00

Good morning from Stockport.
It is cooler than of late but we are promised/threatened with temperatures in the 30’s again next week, oh joy!!

Yesterday was productive in a small way as my days are now.
I continues with the tidying and changed my bed which is so much easier now I use Nightlark duvets.
I washed it and it was back on the bed in just a few hours.

Today I am having a heart monitor fitted, I don’t know if it for 24 or 48 hours, my appointment has been changed from 12 noon to 2pm due to “ timetabling issues”
In two weeks I have an Echocardiogram in Manchester and see the Consultant on September the 1st.

It is so good to hear from R&L I hope you get home today and you have lots of looking after, you surely deserve it.

Will get my morning tea now and get on with my day.
Have the very best day you can.

GrandmaC47 Fri 07-Aug-26 08:09:13

Good to hear from you, Roses, hope you get home today.
Hope all goes well for. GMr & Mrs MD*
Happy Birthday to your DH, * Kittylester*
Next week will be busy, we’re having a walk in shower installed on the footprint of the bath. Hope it’s not too dirty a job 🤣.
Out to lunch today with my friend.
Hope everyone has a good day.