Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday 7th August 2026

(61 Posts)
Michael12 Fri 07-Aug-26 04:54:28

Good Morning Everyone,
Its twilight but its dry here in Brackley this morning .
The usual routine of a bus ride into Bicester and back do a shop and maybe have a chat to those I know.
Health OK,
Take Care,
Mick

monk08 Fri 07-Aug-26 08:06:10

Happy birthday Mr kittylester 🎂🎉🍺

EkwaNimitee Fri 07-Aug-26 08:04:40

Good morning Mick and everyone from a Carlisle of sun and cloud. It has obviously showered during the night and I expect more.
I went for an early walk yesterday morning then pottered until my mid-morning Tesco delivery. The driver told me about the abuse and bad behaviour he could get from his customers. His customers! What are people becoming?!

Today I'm hoping to get out in the garden, my Minarette crab apples are due their summer pruning and there's lots of deadheading to do. Followed by the pursuit of various little jobs. I don't know why I keep putting them off, I feel so much better after giving my halo a good polish!
My pulled calf muscle is not a lot better and the pain has extended up my leg and into my hip so jobs will be interspersed with sitting down. I'm wondering about using a physiotherapist.

Really pleased to see you posting R&L and hope you do get home today, no running around, mind!

And thoughts with the MDs, good luck!

Enjoy the day everyone.

hollysteers Fri 07-Aug-26 07:53:16

Good morning from a dull northwest coast. So glad you are on the other side of your op’ Rosesandlilac and hope you make a good and steady recovery💐

All my visitors have left now. DD and niece to the south, DS twenty miles away and nephew to the western isles. DD FaceTimed me on her journey and said the chat helped it go by faster.

My dental appointment went well, although after my dramas not so long ago with a broken abscessed tooth, I’m feeling a bit phobic about dentists and can’t wait to get out of the place.

My front door and bedroom window are being measured again this morning and then the day is my own, which pleases me after the busyness of the last week. Still jobs to do, admin and otherwise.
Thoughts to all🌺
.

dragonfly46 Fri 07-Aug-26 07:51:25

Good morning from sunny Leicestershire.

It’s great to hear from RosesandLilac I hope you manage to get home today..

Fortunately the opticians went well yesterday and my cataracts haven’t got any worse.
The engineer from Severn Trent was extremely helpful. We don’t have a leak under the house just a little trip in the overflow tank in the loft. Just need together the plumber in to fix a few things.

Sadly I learned on FB that our neighbour in Holland had died.

Today is DH’s diabetic review so will have lunch on the way.

I hope Marydoll’s DH has a smooth procedure today.

Wishing everyone the best day possible.

spottybook Fri 07-Aug-26 07:50:47

Rosesandlilac Good to hear you are recovering and comfortable. Onwards and upwards.

Liberty Fri 07-Aug-26 07:48:27

Good morning from a sunny Suffolk where my day has been brightened by seeing your post R&L. I hope all goes well for your discharge from hospital today and you can recover your strength at home in the next few days and weeks.

We had a lovely couple of hours with DiL and children and their young dog yesterday. Today I’m meeting one of my closest friends for coffee and lunch but we have yet to confirm where to meet. Making such a minor decision seems like too much effort for both of us especially since everywhere we usually go will be very busy with locals and holiday makers.

Hope all have a good day and the hospital appt for MrMD is as stress free as such things can be.

kittylester Fri 07-Aug-26 07:47:35

Good morning all from a bright and warm North Leicestershire.

Today is DH's 81st birthday!! We are expecting DD2 and Co for a few days but their youngest had a temperature yesterday so they might leave it until tomorrow. As it is, we have to take the car in to the garage and hope they can remedy it's occasional refusal to start.

Have the best day possible everyone.

brook2704 Fri 07-Aug-26 07:40:40

Good morning everyone from Inverness where it’s a dry bright start to the day
So good to hear from you roses and especially that you’re hopefully going home today, I hope you’re not in too much pain and well on the way to recovery
I’ve a volunteering session this morning then going into town to meet a friend for coffee and have a quick browse around the shops.
Thinking of Marydoll and her DH today and hoping all goes well
Thinking of everyone with worries and struggles, hope today is gentle and take care all whatever the day brings 💐

Jaxjacky Fri 07-Aug-26 07:33:11

Morning, 10 and sun in S Hants.
So good to hear from you Roses gentle days ahead.
My priority today is to sort my car, the engine management light is on, hopefully just a sensor.
Tesco delivery later and pub tonight.
Have a pleasant day all.
🦩

baubles Fri 07-Aug-26 07:32:14

Good morning from South Lanarkshire, happy to see that the sun is out.

Good to hear from you Roses, best wishes for your recovery.

Hope all goes smoothly today MD.

I have a Grandchild lying beside me, she woke an hour ago, lay reading for a while then crept in when she heard DH in the shower. Her siblings are still sound asleep.

Today we will take them over to DD’s house to see their cousins.

Have the best day possible everyone.

Greyduster Fri 07-Aug-26 07:29:31

Good morning, Michael and all GNs from South Yorkshire where it’s another blue sky day with no rain forecast - nor for the foreseeable it seems.

GS arrived early yesterday, ate a gargantuan breakfast and then left at 10.30 for a golf day with his father. DD then texted to say that, as I had given up my usual Thursday morning walk for him, would I like to walk with her in the afternoon instead, so I did get into the woods after all for a much longer walk than I usually do, and a light lunch at the woodland cafe. It’s always good to be out with her, and I think she finds it reassuring that I still have the stamina to keep up with her on a longish walk. I came home to find my bird bath full of young blue tits, coal tits and long tailed tits having a mad half hour! Lovely! I was really tired last night though.

Today I will finish making the jam I left it maccerate last night and then tidy up ready for DS and DiL to visit tomorrow.

Roses glad you are feeling better - I hope things continue to go well for you.

Have the best day you can, folks.

BlueSapphire Fri 07-Aug-26 07:27:09

Good morning everyone from a cloudy Northampton, but sun is forecast later on.

Failed miserably yesterday at trying to get little cat to eat and take her medication - she ate practically nothing yesterday apart from her favourite chewstick. By the evening I was practically in tears and set to ring the vet this morning.
However this morning I crumbled a chewstick into her food, mixed in the two lots of medication and she ate half of it, which is better than nothing. We can but hope...

A restful afternoon at the hairdressers yesterday then a quick trip to the shops; my hair looks much darker although Lily (my stylist) assured me it was the same as usual!

I hardly slept last night with worrying about little cat.

Dance classes this morning, coffee with fellow dancer afterwards.

Wishing all a pleasant and cooler day.

ginny Fri 07-Aug-26 07:19:35

Good morning. After a bit of a chilly day yesterday, I had to wear a cardigan! the sun is up and a bright warm day forecast.
R&L pleased all went well and you recover quickly.
Hope*Marydoll. & husband *have an uneventful day and straight forward day.
DH is off to golf and I have no definite plans. So unfortunately I’d better get some ironing done. Also some cakes to ice Lists to make re. visitors on Sunday.
We are ‘boy’ sitting this evening, not allowed to say baby sitting.😄
Wishing everyone a good day with a smile along the way.

monk08 Fri 07-Aug-26 07:09:44

Good morning all from the Black country.
Good to hear from you Roses hope you get home today and continue to get better.
DS is bringing the boys round some time today after some pokemon event they are going to.
No other plans.
Hope all goes well with Mr Marydoll's procedure.
Have the best day you can everyone whatever your plans 😎.

Redcar Fri 07-Aug-26 07:07:53

Good morning everyone from mid Essex. Only 10 degrees outside at the moment, but it will soon heat up again,
A flurry of activity online and on the phone yesterday regarding my godmother’s estate, more work to be done.

Good to hear from you rosesandlilac, I hope you are able to go home today to continue your recovery.

marydoll I hope your DH’s procedure goes as expected today and that transport and parking aren’t too stressful.

It’s bingo at lunchtime today, always good fun. Then I have to get myself organised to go to DD1’s tomorrow for 10 days to look after the dog while they are on holiday. Fortunately they don’t live far away, so I’ll be able to pop home to water plants and check for any post.

Thoughts as ever to those with troubles of any kind and hoping life gets easier for you soon.

Have the best day you can, it’s Friday!

Gelisa Fri 07-Aug-26 07:05:39

Good morning Mick and all from a cloudy Morecambe Bay.
I hope R&L is recovering nicely and nothing untoward upsets MrMD’s procedure.
I’m up and about early having woken with a headache. I think it’s my sinuses are playing up after my recent lurgy. I’m hoping the paracetamol kicks in soon as I’m working this morning and meeting a friend at the local garden centre this afternoon.
My visit to DS2 was interesting. He had warned me his drains were smelling. I soon realised it wasn’t the drain after pouring boiling water and soda crystals down. The smell was definitely coming from the other side of the kitchen. He had a pile of plastic bags in a corner which was where the cause of the stench was found. A forgotten pack of prawns had decided to remind him he hadn’t emptied his shopping properly!
He’s hard work! I took several bags of accumulated rubbish back home with me and deposited them at our tip before I got home. I’ll go again in a couple of weeks as there’s more to be done. DS has had his instructions but I’m not confident he will comply. Once I’ve got on top of everything with him it’s down to him to keep it that way. I’m not overly optimistic!
CDog has a rough lump appear under his eye which was discovered by the groomer as she trimmed his face. I spoke with the free with my insurance vet last night who suggested to bathe it regularly over the next couple of days to try and remove the rough skin, and see what’s happening. I think he may have been pecked when he chased and briefly caught a hen recently. Otherwise it’s another vet visit. We are supposed to to be going away again next week…..
Take care everyone 🌸

luluaugust Fri 07-Aug-26 07:04:03

Good morning from a sunny W Kent. Hoping to go out today with both DDs a rare treat, just waiting for final plan.
So pleased to hear from you R&L.
All the best to Marydoll and DH hope all goes smoothly
Best wishes

Sar53 Fri 07-Aug-26 07:00:07

Good morning from the Essex coast where the sun is shining already.
I'm glad all went well for you R&L, I hope you get home today.
Have a good day everyone xx

Llamas99 Fri 07-Aug-26 06:57:40

*

RosesandLilac How wonderful to know you are able to post and feeling so well after your operation! The best wishes to you going forward!

Gagagran Fri 07-Aug-26 06:57:30

So good to hear from you Roses. Onwards and upwards now but with care!

Good Morning everyone from a cool central south coast.

I am struggling with upper arm pain at the moment so will love you all and leave you to what I hope is a good/better day for us all.

Ladyleftfieldlover Fri 07-Aug-26 06:54:21

Morning all from West Oxfordshire.

Good to hear from you R&L. 💐

I spent several hours yesterday working on my new patchwork quilt. It’s going to be huge! I’m going to put a border on it which will make it even more gigantic.

Hairdressers today where I’ll have my roots done. One day I’ll embrace the grey, but that day isn’t here yet!

OH still has a dreadful cough but won’t see the GP. He’s had to cancel various outings.

Have a good day everyone. I’m thinking of those GNs with difficult appointments coming up.

GrannyGravy13 Fri 07-Aug-26 06:52:26

Good morning Mick and all 🙋‍♀️

The sky is clear blue, I think it is going to be another glorious day here in S E Essex. I am off to the gym first thing, then I will have a cup of tea and catch up with the local gossip with my pals.

Good to hear from you Rosesandlilac I hope you continue to feel better after your op 🌹🪻

I hope your DH’s procedure goes as well as these things can Marydoll take things easy yourself. 👍

Bellasnana I would not like to be without my car, I think it is my comfort blankie, knowing I can go anywhere anytime without relying on anyone.

I do hope Friday is kind to you all 🙋‍♀️

cornergran Fri 07-Aug-26 06:50:34

Good morning everyone from a cool corner of Somerset.

How good to hear from you roses and to know you’re comfortable now. Every good wish heading your way.

Have the best day you can everyone.

HelterSkelter1 Fri 07-Aug-26 06:47:59

Rosesandlilac I hope your day goes well and you settle back home and continue with a good recovery.

Calendargirl Fri 07-Aug-26 06:46:41

I read this thread, but don’t post on it as a rule.

Just came in to say glad to see RosesandLilac feeling better.

Hope you’re soon home and recovering.

flowers