Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday 5th August 2026

(58 Posts)
monk08 Wed 05-Aug-26 06:29:12

Good morning all from the Black country.
Cleared a few bits from the garage yesterday placed them at the end of the drive within a couple of hours all had been taken, as the saying goes one man's junk is another man's treasure.
Today think we may take a trip to garden centre for 🍵 & 🍰 then take a walk around the pool.
Thoughts with RosesandLilac .
Safe travels olddudders and anybody else on the move.
Have a good day everyone whatever your plans 😎.

GrannyGravy13 Wed 05-Aug-26 06:24:30

Good morning from a cloudy S E Essex, no rain.

Gym first thing, I will tag team with DD as I finish my class she starts her PT session so I will have her boys.

A quick dash round M & S Food Hall, then back home.

The roadworks which have disrupted this area for the last 10 days have been completed ahead of time, so our roads are back to normal (for now).

Thinking Rosesandlilac 🌹🪻

Astitchintime Wed 05-Aug-26 06:15:42

Good morning from a breezy NE Mids. The sky was very heavy last evening and we did think we were going to get some significant rainfall, sadly not the case hereabouts. It’s blowing a westerly this morning so we’ll see what happens later.
Have a good day one and all!

harrigran Wed 05-Aug-26 06:12:26

Good morning from a grey NE where it is 16°.
Been awake since 2.30 so finished watching a series on Netflix. My stoma woke me up, had to put the lights on to go to the bathroom and that was it, I was wide awake. I also had burning pains in my hands. No fun getting old.
Nice surprise yesterday, DS came after work and we spent a few hours together, we had dinner and chatted.
The family are off to DIL's parents on Saturday so I will not see them for a while.
Sister and BIL are visiting today and will take me shopping.
Thoughts are with RosesandLilac.
Have a good day.

Bellasnana Wed 05-Aug-26 06:04:55

Good morning from Malta where it’s another hot, sunny day with a high of 39°C.

Had a lovely afternoon catching up with my nephew, his wife and little boy. He is my late sister’s youngest of four, a surprise after an eight year gap! I wish she could see how lovely he is and what a happy little family he has.

I’m supposed to be joining them all (DD3 and boys as well) at the beach later but I think I’m going to give it a miss as it’s too hot.

RosesandLilac was on my mind all day, I hope everything went well and that she isn’t feeling too poorly today.🌹

Safe travels to olddudders as he makes his way back to France.

Wishing everyone a good day.☀️

Ashcombe Wed 05-Aug-26 05:42:59

Good morning from a grey Torbay where we also had a few showers late afternoon yesterday.

An early start for us as DH begins his long journey back to his home in France. I’ll drive him to Newton Abbot to catch a train to Paddington then he’ll cross the city by Tube to catch a €* to Paris, Metro across the city to Gare du Monparnasse from where he catches a TGV to Le Mans. A long day's travelling but he enjoys it.

Thinking of RosesandLilac and hope she is comfortable this morning.

Happy hump day! 🦩🥰🦩💐🦩

grandMattie Wed 05-Aug-26 05:15:52

Good morning from a grey Bristol. We have had rain - if you can call it that! About four showers lasting between 30 seconds and 2 minutes. The air is a bit fresher.
I trust all went well for r&l yesterday and she is well on the way to recovery now.
It was very hot first thing yesterday, with my baking. Once ready, I took a lot of my bits to church in the late morning so as not to be overloaded today.
It’s going to be a long morning, with the live concert at FAB cafe this morning, although attendance to these has fallen from around 120 to about 80. This month might be better as people’s families are away and they are alone.at least it won’t be so hot!🥵
Have a good day all. Carpe diem 🦩🦩🦩🦩

Michael12 Wed 05-Aug-26 04:55:13

Good Morning Everyone ,
Its twilight and dry here in Brackley with the start of a warm but sunny day.
Plans , usual trip into Bicester hopefully chat to some people I know.
Health OK,
Take Care,
Mick