Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday 3rd August 2026

(66 Posts)
Grandmabatty Mon 03-Aug-26 07:01:41

Roses best of luck tomorrow

BlueSapphire Mon 03-Aug-26 06:59:56

Good morning everyone from yet another bright, sunny 🌞 and hot Northampton day... Shall go to yoga first thing and then take it easy the rest of the day. Perhaps start reading the translation of the Odyssey I bought last week.

Did very little yesterday; sat in the garden for a couple of hours in the afternoon with the cats who were equally lazy, just lying in the shade of the bushes.

I may or may not clean the bathrooms when I get back from yoga.....

Wishing all a pleasant day.

Melanie61 Mon 03-Aug-26 06:58:55

Roses, all the very best for tomorrowflowers

Astitchintime Mon 03-Aug-26 06:55:27

Good morning from a misty NE Mids. It is a friends birthday later this week and I won’t risk posting the card so I will be dropping that in later but otherwise nothing in particular planned for what promises to be a hot day again.
Have a good day one and all!

RosesandLilac Mon 03-Aug-26 06:54:05

Good morning, there’s an autumnal tang to the air this morning, bright sunshine and yet another hot day forecast.
I enjoyed a coffee with a friend yesterday, catching up on all her news. I took her some courgettes, they’re a bit late fruiting here, as are my beans.
I gave the living/dining room a good clean and tidy, that’s it for now, my cleaner will start next week. Laundry today and I’m ready for tomorrow I think. Written instructions for DH taped to the kitchen cupboard and fingers crossed he follows them!
I need to collect my medication from the surgery today, I will have a quiet wander around the village while I’m out.

A huge thank you to you all for all the incredible support you’ve given me over the last 6 months, you truly are an amazing group of individuals. You have no idea how grateful I am xxx

karmalady Mon 03-Aug-26 06:48:38

Good morning from sunny s somerset, it is going to be very hot today and all my shades are up

The margo pinafore was not my cup of tea and neither was the fabric, a good fabric bought when Croft mill was sending handwritten lists of remnants, I lived in the lake district then. Thankfully I did not use my patterned linen. I finished the dress and put it straight on the `give-away` pile. A pattern and designer, I will never use again. It will always be on a pdf but no paper copies will remain, all binned and no dithering

I did have a relaxing day until evening when I went to my allotment, I did some chop and drop to get rid of plants that have given up because of the heat and cleared lots of leaves from the eleven large and ripening winter squash and brought my many large beetroot home to store for winter. It seems as though the seasons are ahead of themselves right now

Today I am in throes of making sourdough with the aim of an overnight proofing, to bake tomorrow morning. Craft group session later today

Ladyleftfieldlover Mon 03-Aug-26 06:34:33

Morning all from West Oxfordshire. The temperature is forecast to be 31 degrees!

I didn’t do much yesterday apart from go to church.

I will collect my ceramic cat today. If it’s dreadful it will go in the garden. On the way home I will do a Waitrose shop. Our cleaner should be here this morning. OH will play croquet with the U3A after lunch and then see his bees.

Have a good day everyone. I’m specially thinking of R&L:

Greyduster Mon 03-Aug-26 06:33:51

Good morning, Michael and all GNs from a grey, cool South Yorkshire. We shall have a high of 27 today.

Yesterday I met DD and her menfolk for breakfast at a one of their local eateries before they went up to the Dales for a few days. Having waved them off, I took the opportunity to look around the industrial hamlet that the cafe is attached to; a collection of buildings where the first crucible steel was made and fashioned into tools that were used all over the world. It was fascinating. The cottage industry that started our steel industry here in Sheffield. They sometimes have living history days so I shall look forward to going again.

I came home and started my jam, which I shall finish today. And plums are still raining down😱!

Have the best day you can, folks.

grandMattie Mon 03-Aug-26 06:33:43

Melisa, the stuff sold here is revolting, imho. But when I ate “real” Turkish delight, or “ loukum” as they call it, it’s a completely different thing. Delicious!

Melanie61 Mon 03-Aug-26 06:31:29

Good morning from Sheffield
We had such a great day at Sherwood Forest yesterday. It’s so good and all free.
Today I’m meeting up with a colleague I used to work with. We will have lunch in the Crucible cafe, where the snooker is held every year.
Then, as I have had little sleep, again, resting this afternoon.
Take care everyone flowers

Gelisa Mon 03-Aug-26 06:15:17

Good morning from a cloudy Morecambe Bay. It’s set to reach the mid 20’s later.
SDog went home yesterday. It feels strange not having him around. CDog must be missing him having been restless all night and finally sleeping downstairs- I assume that’s where he is. He’ll go out with the dog walker later. I have a busy week planned with appointments but today is rest and recovery. I kept today free in case SDog was still here.
DS returned from Turkey armed with Turkish Delight for me. No one can understand why I like ‘the stuff’.
Take care🌸

Grandmabatty Mon 03-Aug-26 05:41:49

GrandMattie it definitely doesnt put yours to shame! Not even 'almost'. I always loved to bake and I was happy to get back to it.

grandMattie Mon 03-Aug-26 05:38:59

Goodness, batty, your baking almost puts mine to shame! I’m going to bake loads tomorrow for the now regular monthly live concert.🎶

grandMattie Mon 03-Aug-26 05:37:24

Good morning from a dry dawning Bristol. Another day of relentless sunshine, fortunately the temperatures are not very high, mid 20C only.
Interesting time in church yesterday. After the service, we had the first ever fire drill. It was a bit muddled. But since there weren’t very many parishioners and 4 escape routes, it was pretty fast. Apparently, we took under the regulation 2 minutes. Even the very disabled chap in an electric wheelchair made it.
When I got home, I noticed that my upstairs neighbour’s car was still there. She always goes to her church; she hadn’t told me she was away, so I felt very anxious. No reply on her phone…. I asked one of her several ”passengers”, who told me she was in Birmingham for the baptism of her GGD. Phew!
Just Tesco and the hygienist today.
Have a good start to this new week/new month.
Carpe diem 🦩🦩🦩

Grandmabatty Mon 03-Aug-26 05:37:04

Good morning Mick and others from Polmont where it's currently 12° and damp. Not fully daylight yet.
Yesterday I had a productive day in the kitchen. I made boeuf bourgignon in the slow cooker. Then made old fashioned school cake and iced it, peanut butter cookies, Nutella chocolate chip cookies and a gingerbread. I've parcelled most of it up to take to the family except the gingerbread. No-one else likes it. In the evening I had a long phone call with a friend whose mother is extremely ill.
Today is early child care day. Later this morning, I will drop dgs1 off at a friend's house for a play date. Im not sure yet about pick up arrangements. Dgs2 and I will play in the house. The forecast is rain and he's not a fan of being wet. He's being a cat at times these days. I remember his brother was a dog at the same age! Dinner will be some of the beef. The rest I will freeze. Have a good day all.

Michael12 Mon 03-Aug-26 05:04:30

Good Morning Everyone,
Its twilight with the moon above but its dry here in Brackley this morning.
Today, I have a Wiltshire Farms Ready meals delivery , so my day will governed by when it arrives .
Health OK,
Take Care,
Mick