Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Saturday 1st August 2026

(54 Posts)
Michael12 Sat 01-Aug-26 04:56:51

Good Morning Everyone,
Its twilight here in Brackley but it remains dry.
Todays plans an early bus to Bicester , have a coffee and a snack shop and hopefully chat to those I know.
This afternoon watch the female version of the Tour De France on TV ,which starts in Lake Geneva are of Switzerland .
Health OK ,
Take Care,
Mick

Litterpicker Sat 01-Aug-26 12:57:44

Beautiful photo, Blossoming. Thank you.

Good wishes to Susan 💐

GrannyGravy13 Sat 01-Aug-26 11:37:57

Sending (((hugs))) Susan wishing you well 🌸

Blossoming Sat 01-Aug-26 11:33:16

Good morning everyone from sunny and breezy 18° Lancashire.

A slightly longer walk today. MrB and I have been for a walk around the Marina. There’s a grebe nesting on one of the pontoons and he wanted to check it’s still there. It is 😎

Wishing you all a good day whatever you’re doing 🌹

hollysteers Sat 01-Aug-26 11:18:33

Good morning from Sunnyside sandhills northwest coast.
After a tiresome big shop at the supermarket yesterday, I had a lovely time driving out into the country to a vegetarian cafe. I’m not vegetarian, although I don’t eat much meat, being rather pescatarian.
I had a one pot curry stew which was delicious and struggled on reading my first Dostoyevsky. I love the ambience of the place and there is a charming little shop at the back and plants for sale. I bought a couple to kill or for them to commit suicide under my ‘care’.

Another J.B.Priesley play on YouTube and a little watercolour painting completed a nice day with temperate weather.

DD arrives from the south later, but is out shortly after arriving with old school friend, she has some energy,
.

Hope your ankle is healing GM, thoughts to R&L and all🌺

Greyduster Sat 01-Aug-26 11:09:22

I think there’s a little bit of the small child still in all of us, Weirdo😊!

Stilllearning Sat 01-Aug-26 10:57:39

Good morning from my bit of South Lanarkshire. It’s been a bit of a tricky week since I got my eye injection, stayed a bit sore with lots of floaters for several days but I didn’t feel it warranted calling the clinic so I’m pleased this morning that things seem to have settled in time for my lunch date with friends. It’s our two weekly meet up with our friend who was so desperately ill and is now recovered sufficiently to get about with two sticks, we are so so thankful.

Dull and rather cool here with rain forecast but so far this week that has turned out to be minimal ( with exception of one outburst which turned the roads into rivers)

Your 18th birthday gathering sounds lovely GrannyGravy as does your day yesterday Gingster.

Wishing everyone a good day and thinking especially about you RosesandLilac as you get yourself organised🙏🏻

aggie Sat 01-Aug-26 10:45:32

Thank you for your helpful messages ! I even had turned the phone off , but the recording went on and on regardless , I of course panicked
Yes I’m afraid of deleting something vital !
Again thank you 🙏🏼

Usedtobeblonde Sat 01-Aug-26 10:33:51

I have been guilty twice recently of sending a photograph destined to one person to everyone in my WhatsApp group.
Fortunately neither of them were ,not for everyone, type Itcould have been embarrassing.

Ashcombe Sat 01-Aug-26 10:03:54

Beware that might delete the whole chat….🙄

Ashcombe Sat 01-Aug-26 10:03:19

aggie
If you rest your finger on a particular message on WhatsApp, a list of options should appear, including delete. Hope that helps

aggie Sat 01-Aug-26 09:52:03

Good Morning from a sunny Co Armagh, no rain yet , my waterlily pond is drying up , I dot want to top it up with tap water , but I might have to
Apparantly I was sending voice messages yesterday ! Luckily no one answered , it would have scared the life out of me!
I must be more careful , but that’s not what my Daughter said to me as she erased it ! The words “ liability “ and careless were muttered
Is there any way of deleting that bit off my WhatsApp do you think ?

FriedGreenTomatoes2 Sat 01-Aug-26 09:36:51

Good morning everyone from south Manchester where we have white cloud and a forecast of 20°C according to Alexa.

I have a day ahead of time on my own which, as every day next week is ‘accounted for’ with socialising, I shall lean into. I intend to shower and hairwash, clean the bathroom and watch another episode or two of ‘Our Friends in the North’ BBC4 on iPlayer. Not necessarily in that order 😉

L’il Miss is coming over at 5pm for a sleepover. That’ll be lovely. She’s great company and such a sweetheart. She’s so excited to be going out to Málaga (my place) in two weeks’ time and we’ve loaded Duolingo as she is so keen to learn some Spanish before she goes. 😎

Grandmabatty Sat 01-Aug-26 09:33:53

Thanks for the update on Susan, Marydoll. I appreciate it. I hope she's able to read the thread and know that she is missed

TheWeirdoAgain60 Sat 01-Aug-26 09:33:41

Good morning, Michael12 and everyone!

From the 25th to the 31st of August, I have an entire week off work! WEEEEE! The boss's husband will take my place until my return on the 1st of September!

Yesterday I was going to rearrange the living room and bedroom furniture, but with the menopause throwing more tantrums than a 2-year-old in aisle 5 of Tesco, I decided against it for a while! It made me do nothing but drink, drink, drink yesterday, like I'd not drunk anything for months! At work and at home, and even a can of Liquid Death in the street! The Swiss really know how to harness beautiful spring water!

I had a weird night; around 11:30 I was snuggled in bed with a hot water bottle and 2 Paracetamol washed down with water/orange juice. As I have a fridge freezer in the kitchen and a single fridge in the bedroom, I woke up convinced there was something banging really loudly from the bedroom fridge, like putting your clothes in the washing machine with coins in the pocket and they make a hell of a racket being tossed around.

I switched on the bedside lamp, walked to the fridge, looked around it and in it; various milk and yoghurts were all OK. Just the slight hum of the fridge. That's when I realised that for the billionth time in my life, I was sleepwalking again and the banging fridge was just a weird dream! So I guzzled some milk and crashed back to bed, where the meno eventually let me get back to sleep!

I finished the last of my adult colouring books so went back to Morrisons for another couple, and a pack of Gel Pens and a pack of Sharpies! I'm obsessed with stationery! And also a gorgeous little animal-shaped pencil top from the local independent stationery shop, so I grabbed a bee! I'm 61 and playing with kids' toys!

Have a good one, all of you!

Ashcombe Sat 01-Aug-26 09:03:28

Thank you, Marydoll for responding.

Greyduster Sat 01-Aug-26 08:48:10

Loopylou I don’t spray the plums, which are a cooking variety called Tsar, but are also good to eat, and I’ve never had a problem with any kind of maggot, fortunately. The only thing this year has been scab on a few of the fruits but not many - I can certainly stand to ditch a few!

Marydoll Sat 01-Aug-26 08:48:07

Ash, Susan isn't too well the moment, hence her absence.

Georgesgran Sat 01-Aug-26 08:43:29

Good morning from Durham - just 1 minute of rain yesterday and I didn’t even bother bringing the washing in - it didn’t wet anything. Today is bright, but very overcast and we might see 20c here.
Thank you for the good wishes re my cystitis. It’s cleared up nicely and there’s one tablet left to take this morning.
DD1 and family are popping in today to empty my loft (at my request). They can dump it all in the garage and I’m quite looking forward to sorting through it. I think 90% will go and just a few bits to keep.
DD2 and family arrived safely for a long weekend somewhere south of Scarborough. An accessible caravan and 5yr old DGS2 absolutely loves it. Of course, I have their dog, who I take for a decent walk just before dark.
Keep an eye on that ankle gM
Hope you feel better later MD

Best wishes to all. X

dragonfly46 Sat 01-Aug-26 08:21:57

Good morning from sunny Leicestershire.

Our DD was offered a permanent position in her job yesterday after only being there a week so that is one weight off my mind.

Our cleaners managed to break the flush on the toilet downstairs yesterday. Our lovely plumber came out to look and managed to take it apart so it does flush but it is some obscure German make so we red to go and talk to the original fitter today.

Apart from that nothing planned, my back is still sore.
Wishing everyone the best day possible.

Ashcombe Sat 01-Aug-26 08:18:44

Good morning from a fresher Torbay but without any sign of rain.

It was good to see madeleine yesterday but I am wondering about Susan56. I hope I haven’t missed news of her.

I was pleased with the treatment from the podiatrist yesterday who is a young woman with school aged boys and is the daughter of the original owner of the business. There is plenty of work for the two of them given the age profile of a large number of the local population!

Last night’s rehearsal saw us on stage for the first time as the set is finished. I really enjoyed the evening and it’s good to have a director and assistant director who know what they want and actually give feedback, both positive and negative! Equally, they have the confidence to accept suitable suggestions from the cast.

Happy weekend! 🦩💐😎🥰🦩

Marydoll Sat 01-Aug-26 08:18:33

I thought I had posted, but I cannot see it, so here we go again, although, I suspect no-one is likely to be interested. 😉

Good morning all from Glasgow, where it is 12°C,
Yesterday, we had rain of biblical proportions,then sunshine, then rain.
The weeds are having a field day!

I've been up again coughing, then being violently sick. I am washed out today.
DH unexpectedly appeared at my side with water and checking, I was OK. ♥️
He rarely hears me, when I am unwell, even when I was giving a heart attack 😱.

GM, my DH did the same as you, I dismissed it, as a strain and put ice packs on it. It wasn't until it turned a spectacular shade of dark purple, I realised it was broken.
Perhaps it needs checked out.💐

Enjoy your say everyone and best wishes to all, who are struggling and have a fantastic time, GG.💕

Jaxjacky Sat 01-Aug-26 08:11:39

Morning, sunny in S Hants as usual.
There is a man atop a ladder here fixing a couple of loose tiles right now, a job that needed doing.
Washing is out and soon dust will be wafted about after my exercises are done.
My daughter will call in later.
Take it easy Ekwa how annoying.
🦩🦩

HelterSkelter1 Sat 01-Aug-26 08:01:37

loopyloo. Love the Elizabethan line! The staff should be in Elizabethan dress and any stationmaster...if they still have them...as Henry V111.
Good morning from a still cool so far N Surrey. I can't believe it's August already either. I must make the most of every day this month and try and make it last longer. If that's possible.
Wall to wall blue out there. Wish I were by the sea.

brook2704 Sat 01-Aug-26 07:56:46

Good morning everyone from Inverness, it’s another lovely bright start to the day with just a few clouds around. Hoping it stays mainly dry again for the festival goers
Your DGD sounds like such a lovely girl Gingster, kind of your DD to invite you along and good that you decided to go too
DGS is still asleep, it’ll probably be 8.30ish before he makes an appearance. Day 3 today of looking after him and the puppy, I’m really enjoying the time together so making the most of it as they’ll be going home tomorrow. Yesterday we took them to the local Ness Islands, the puppy was into everything and it was lovely seeing them playing together. Probably more of the same today with a few board games thrown in too
Hope the party goes well GG enjoy it all and especially seeing all the family together
Oh that sounds painful Ekwa hope your leg is better soon
Thinking of everyone with worries and struggles, hope today is gentle and take care all whatever the day brings 💐

loopyloo Sat 01-Aug-26 07:51:37

Greyduster, Do you spray your plums? And if so with what ?
How many are maggoty?
Have 2 plums on my tree, well it is in a pot and rather neglected.
Bramley apples we have in hoards.
Today we are researching the Elizabethan line as my DH calls it prior to meeting his SIL at Heathrow in September.
Will it be raining by then?
We hope so.
Have a good day everyone.