Gransnet forums

Chat

Pet Pictures Please

(95 Posts)
Magenta8 Fri 31-Jul-26 22:12:34

It is some time since we had a thread about pet photos. Not just cats and dogs, although they would be lovely. If you have an unusual pet I would love to see a picture. In fact any animal pictures you have taken would be nice, camels, llamas, sheep, cows, giraffes, lizards, elephants........

gilljack68 Mon 03-Aug-26 19:16:50

My Bella she makes me laugh every day

EllieW Mon 03-Aug-26 18:54:00

Went on holiday to South Africa and my son looked after the cats, poor things, he sent me this photo, they look most unhappy in their lion’s manes 😹

Llamas99 Mon 03-Aug-26 18:03:23

I can't describe the pleasure these pictures have given me! They have cheered me so much, thank you all!

Quizzer Mon 03-Aug-26 17:43:45

Poppy, the boss in our house!

Nanny100 Mon 03-Aug-26 17:08:06

This is Mindy and Freddie (black female, tabby male) they are 9 now. We adopted them a year ago, after their owner sadly died. They are litter mates, but Mindy is always hissing at, and swiping gentle Freddie.

Grandmafrench Mon 03-Aug-26 16:45:39

Your beautiful Edmund is a real enfant gâté, Frenchgal !
I’m envious of all your much-loved pets on here as I have sadly lost my last two.
Here’s darling Ludo, who died before Christmas. It’s his birthday today, and mine.
He was a Bavarian Hunting dog - who didn’t hunt - so a rescue; Here too is his little mate Paxo, who lived until 18. But why do their lives seem so short? And how hard it is revert to a life without them in it. 😢

Grannyme6 Mon 03-Aug-26 16:24:06

Gorgeous pets! 🥰

Rumbabba Mon 03-Aug-26 16:16:33

My gorgeous grand dog❤️

Patsy70 Mon 03-Aug-26 16:11:32

Astitchintime

Patsy70

Our Dylan, 9 years old, rescued from Spain 8 years ago. He is a Basset Fauve de Bretagne, and a gorgeous, affectionate boy, with a very loud bark!

Does he bark in Spanish I wonder? Perhaps that accounts for the volume…….just asking!

He’s multilingual, so barks in French, Spanish and English! 😂

missdeke Mon 03-Aug-26 15:46:52

Not a pet, but this young robin came to help me in the garden.

ClicketyClick Mon 03-Aug-26 15:43:12

Beautiful pets and making me broody again.
You are very talented hollysteers.
Hugs to MartavTaurus, Kittylester and anyone else missing their family pets.

libra10 Mon 03-Aug-26 15:40:39

Barney, as a young dog.

He's almost 16 now, and still plodding along.

grannybuy Mon 03-Aug-26 15:26:16

My ‘ grand ‘ cat.
Came to me for her holidays.

Tooyoungytobeagrandma Mon 03-Aug-26 15:18:07

Lost all 7 of my pets over the last 5 years so seeing these photos is lovely. I love cats and dogs equally and miss all mine. But I'm trying a year without a pet (first in 40+ years) and going travelling. So I will just enjoy looking at everyone else's

Aveline Mon 03-Aug-26 15:13:12

AuntieE I was looking forward to seeing your wee black bogle...

Frenchgalinspain Mon 03-Aug-26 15:04:46

Edmund, our French Bulldog ( 2 years old ) ..

AuntieE Mon 03-Aug-26 15:04:04

And here are Tigger and Trubel,
Tigger because he bumps and bounces and said as a kitten that he wanted to be a Bengal tiger when he grew up, and his adored and adoring sister, also know as ma wee black bogle, as like all black cats she loves sitting in dark places with her eyes shut and scaring people to death when they tread on her tail!

Foxyferret Mon 03-Aug-26 15:00:08

This is Cole, just a big baby. (The dog, not my son)

Foxyferret Mon 03-Aug-26 14:51:49

This is Skip age 8

Foxyferret Mon 03-Aug-26 14:50:17

This is Dexter, age 10, just one of my five labs

Blossom5 Mon 03-Aug-26 14:32:04

The little one is Opie he's coming up to his 15th birthday and he can still out walk most dogs and some humans, the big one is a rescue dog we didn't chose, she's 5 and has had a litter of 10 puppies at 2 years old before I took her.

Shinamae Sun 02-Aug-26 16:41:32

About five months ago, I rang Dogs Trust and said I would be interested in adopting a dog when I said I had two cats they said it might be more difficult to find a placement for me and I have heard nothing since.
Quite disappointed because I could give a dog a very good Home, but anyway I’ve now got my little Duke and I’m very happy with him
I know the trust have changed a lot and I know it’s very important that they find the correct placement but to turn me down as they have(not hearing anything for months)
I take that as a turn down )I feel it’s a bit of a shame…

Astitchintime Sun 02-Aug-26 16:36:48

Patsy70

Our Dylan, 9 years old, rescued from Spain 8 years ago. He is a Basset Fauve de Bretagne, and a gorgeous, affectionate boy, with a very loud bark!

Does he bark in Spanish I wonder? Perhaps that accounts for the volume…….just asking!

CocoPops Sun 02-Aug-26 16:30:54

My Molly
A rescue dog aged 9 now . She loves people
,playing fetch with her ball and swimming in the ocean

Georgesgran Sun 02-Aug-26 14:07:30

Imaal - sorry I didn’t proof read and phone changed it!