Good afternoon all. A Morning thread is something I shouldn't be on. I don't get up extraordinarily early - and I just don't get going when I do! And first of all I have to WhatsApp my daughter and my 'little cousin, herself well into her 80s 😉, so that they know I have lived to see another day -and I them I suppose.
But I just want to wish Rosesandlilac well. It's so good that you now have a sensible diagnosis and a way forward outlined. It must be so worrying and frightening for you, but I guess a diagnosis is better than a limbo of not knowing 🫂. Take care x
And belated congratulations to your DGD Gagagran for achieving a First in spite of the difficulty she has with her hearing. Her story is very inspiring - she is an incredible young lady!
By the way, although I cannot bear excessive heat, I'm quite envying you all yours! The haar came in off the North Sea a couple of days ago and the 17° it was kind enough to leave us with does feel quite chilly! And the grey sky is miserable after all the sunshine and blue. Oh well, nothing lasts forever I suppose.
Enjoy the rest of your day everyone and keep cool. Btw I passed on your suggestion for bottles of frozen water in front of a fan to my DS simmering away in Lincs, karma. An excellent idea, thank you.
You and Yours to be cut from BBC radio 4 schedule

