I’m not short tempered but my hair is a frizzy mess and there’s no point in wearing make up.
How do some women look effortlessly chic in this weather?
Waitrose has stopped providing bags for loose veg.
Sign up to Gransnet Daily
Our free daily newsletter full of hot threads, competitions and discounts
Subscribe
I am.
I have also noticed some of the posts on GN threads are touchier.
Criticism about the low level of literacy evidenced by some of us has crept in. Shirty statements and replies are becoming more common.
I expect things will improve when the temperature drops.
I’m not short tempered but my hair is a frizzy mess and there’s no point in wearing make up.
How do some women look effortlessly chic in this weather?
Rather more of a GOB (Grumpy Old Bag) than usual, do you mean?
I'm usually quite even-tempered, but I have to admit this wave is making me grumpy, especially when the ratbag stops me sleeping, gives me thumping headaches and makes my menopause worse!
Has anyone else noticed their facial hair has increased since the weather became warmer?
I have to admit to being more than a little short tempered when I took my early morning cuppa into the sitting room (the coolest room until midday) and saw a large painting balancing on the back of the sofa!
The heat has obviously bu****ed up the command strips!!
No damage but another niggle to add to the list as I won’t be able to get it back up on my own. 😫
Astitchintime
None of us are perfect. I make spelling and grammar mistakes just like many others and I’d never pull anyone up on it!!
Some come on GN to offload, seek support, share tips/ideas/information……..who are we to ridicule or check for mistakes? Those who do should wind in their necks and contemplate that everyone has something going on in their lives.
Please be kind……and a little more tolerant.
And the hot weather does drain me but adequate hydration is important………feeling groggy???? Go and have some water 👍
Yes, it is nice when people recognise that there is a human being behind the comment. Often one is so keen to post, that you do not check the lexical items, grammar etc and off it goes with mistake....I don't like it when people put other people down and present themselves as being better 'heducated' or authoritative, or use rhetorical questions in a passive-aggressive way to put the other post down. It actually shows 'hignorance' and a flawlessly classy person would let go.
Elrel
Has anyone else noticed their facial hair has increased since the weather became warmer?
How many of us went to the mirror after reading this post 😂
Elrel
Has anyone else noticed their facial hair has increased since the weather became warmer?
I only noticed mine, when hubby said, was I growing mine for Movember!
I use those long blades with oil & ‘derma plane’ once a month. Honestly it doesn’t grow back thicker.
Elrel
Has anyone else noticed their facial hair has increased since the weather became warmer?
Hmmm...
Stroking my beard while I ponder on this...
Astitchintime
None of us are perfect. I make spelling and grammar mistakes just like many others and I’d never pull anyone up on it!!
Some come on GN to offload, seek support, share tips/ideas/information……..who are we to ridicule or check for mistakes? Those who do should wind in their necks and contemplate that everyone has something going on in their lives.
Please be kind……and a little more tolerant.
And the hot weather does drain me but adequate hydration is important………feeling groggy???? Go and have some water 👍
I agree.
I regularly makes mistakes, I admit the ridicule is annoying.
I'm definitely grumpy in this heat! I really loathe it and find the only way I can feel comfortable is to go out in my car with the air con on full blast! Obviously not sleeping well adds to the general feeling of frustration and irritation at having to cancel all one's plans! Honestly, I'd rather it was snowing out there. At least then we could go out and play in it, then come in and hunker down with a good film and a hot chocolate!
I literally don't know how to exist I'm these temperatures 🥵
MissAdventure
Elrel
Has anyone else noticed their facial hair has increased since the weather became warmer?
Hmmm...
Stroking my beard while I ponder on this...
I'm not long back from getting mine waxed/threaded!
Totally lethargic, too hot to sleep, 30 degrees upstairs and not much less downstairs, outside thermometer reached 42 yesterday. Expecting visitors next week but way too hot for housework or cooking. Tried cleaning a bathroom yesterday but had to give up as sweat just dripping off me. Too hot to be bad tempered with anybody, just want to sleep in a cool room.
Not at all.
It’s the perfect excuse to sprawl on the sofa and do not a lot except drink long ,cool drinks and watch the tennis.
I’m loving it.
I'm another who is rather enjoying flopping about, reading, chatting on the phone, cold drinks, television.
I have become extremely heat intolerant, possibly owing to hypothyroidism. Even if I don’t move, I suffer!
34 degrees here and climbing in London.
I really hate this kind of weather, you can’t go out, are literally housebound, with windows and curtains shut.
I was so hot that I went in our back yard and wet my clothes with the hose, then sat in the shade with an ice lolly and let them dry on. My DH does suffer due to various disabilities after having a stroke and gets very depressed and agitated when he can’t go out, he is liking the ice lollies though and sitting with his feet in a bucket of water.
Have two days of babysitting our gorgeous GD after today whilst her mummy has surgery. Will be at her house though which has a garden with some shade so will get out the paddling pool and do water play.
I've had heat exhaustion in the past where you feel in a dream and very irritable. I'm not doing too bad today as I'm keeping up with salty snacks eg crisps and drinking plenty of water. Strained my wrist yesterday lifting a heavy suitcase with my summer clothes in that OH got down from the loft. I definately have too many clothes! So apart from loading the washing machine I've written today off as a day of rest lol
I'm too hot and weary to be bad tempered with anyone. No - one here to be bad tempered with anyway.
Doing nothing today. Think I nearly died last night, that's how I felt anyway.
Please can it get cooler soon.
After the last heatwave a few years ago I bought air conditioning. It was cheaper than you might think and now, I wouldn't be without it.
Falling Star: hear hear. But everyone has to admit that s ome of the errors are very funny! A few days ago, someone transposed the "u" in shutters for "i"! Changed the whole meaning of the sentence!!
henetha
I'm too hot and weary to be bad tempered with anyone. No - one here to be bad tempered with anyway.
Doing nothing today. Think I nearly died last night, that's how I felt anyway.
Please can it get cooler soon.
Oh no!
I really hope you have a better night tonight.
I don't know any handy tips to cool you down, either.
So, as good as useless, me.
Yes, I'm afraid so. I hate this heat. Makes me feel ill, especially as I have chronic daily headache, which is worse in this heat. I can't remember what it's like not to have a headache. I've had migraine since age 10 and I've had three visual migraines in 11 days.
Try online shop being delivered with frozen goods unfrozen!
Grandchildren 6 and 4 here (early finish for Grandson for the heat) Then washing poopy undies as he's had an accident, all with both bickering 🥵
I'm too old for this heat and children 😂
I seem to be still here anyway.
You are kind Miss adventure, to comment. .thank.you......😊
Registering is free, easy, and means you can join the discussion, watch threads and lots more.
Register now »Already registered? Log in with:
Gransnet »Get our top conversations, latest advice, fantastic competitions, and more, straight to your inbox. Sign up to our daily newsletter here.