Good morning, Michael12 and all!
My boss has had to rearrange my shifts again, so instead of being on today and off Friday, it's the other way around this week!
The bloke who lives in the flat below me is a bit of a creep! I moved here to Whitby in January from Appleby, and it's gorgeous around here, and all the neighbours are quiet and very nice. We say hello, morning, whatever - quick laugh and joke whenever we see each other, but we're not close, which is how I prefer it, and I think they do too.
I've learned over time that Mr Creep is 60, apparently divorced 3 times, and lives alone with his little goldfish, Tuffy. He told me he divorced wife number 1 because she refused to give him kids, not couldn't but wouldn't - good on her. He divorced number 2 because ''she was OK but quite boring''. And number 3 because ''she wouldn't do as I told her''.
The second he saw me moving in with the furniture, etc., he decided to try to invite himself in for a cuppa, but I politely refused, saying I was busy moving stuff in and had no idea where the kettle, etc., was at the time, which was true! I was literally lugging boxes up the outside metal stairs when he wanted ''a cuppa and a chat!''
He's a male stranger that I didn't know, and I'm a lone female!
Over time, he's regularly tried to invite himself in to my place, and I keep saying no. I also said no when he wanted me to meet him in a cafe, and when he told me to meet him in his flat!
He's determined; I'll give him that! Thankfully, I have one of those doorbells that has a camera that is on my phone, and there's also a microphone added in.
''Well, I'm single, you're single, why not get together?!'' He asked!
''I'm single as in never married and never would, and I wouldn't marry a bloke with such a vile attitude towards women, and you're single as in a whopping 3 ex-wives!'' I wanted to say, but didn't!
Then yesterday, about 6 pm, the bell went, I checked my phone, and he was standing there with a ring in a box, begging me to marry him!
I totally ignored him and refused to answer the door!
When I came out this morning he came over saying he means no harms, he's just lonely! I have NO intention of becomg ex-wife number 4, possibly buried under the concrete slabs! I politely but firmly told him I'm NOT interested him, will NOT go to his flat, will NOT have him at mine and I WON'T meet him anywhere, then I walked off! Hopefully I've put him off, but I'm keeping a diary of his actions, dates, times etc. ''just in case''!
It's raining here again, WEEEEEE! I'm sitting on the wall of Sainsburys carpark with the rain and wind, and it's so beautiful, and lovely fresh air!
I've finished, last night my book, The Mephisto Club by Dr. Tess Gerritsen. Oh My Cod! Don't read if you're squeamish and/or faint-hearted! Various body mutilations and graphic details of Dr Isles doing autopsies! And a woman having to ''perform'' for a fat, ugly, smelly slob to get some money! One of the greatest books I've ever read! It's got more twists and turns than a Curly Wurly bar! The killer wasn't who I originally thought!
So, today I'll do a bit of shopping for the essentials, then stay home for the rest of the day and night, binge-watching movies and stuffing my face with fish fingers and a can of Jack & Coke Cherry!
Have a good one, all of you!