Good morning all from a sunny Glasgow, where it is 3°C.
Happy Mother's Day, Bella
I hope you are not in too much pain Greyduster. 💐
Gaga, at last, some happy news for you.
Yesterday's First Communion was probably the nicest one in the thirty years I have been doing it. Tickets had to be issued, due to smaller capacity. Everyone present behaved impeccably,that is not always the case.
I became an honary member of staff for the day. --I taught in the other parish school and was frequently involved in our sister school.
The two teachers, who arrived first were obviously stressed and my offer to help was immediately seized upon.
Then the HT asked if I could be bouncer at the door, along with a young teacher.
I knew many of the people, so there was much hilarity, when they saw me working again in the wrong school. 😉
I was sitting beside the children and the teacher responsible for the music, when I noticed one of the First Communion teachers trying to catch my eye.
A child in a voluminous dress had kicked of her shoe, (a white trainer, with fancy ribbons) and couldn't get it back on again.
She was in the front row, which made it worse.
I ended up, lifting up her dress, while the teacher had to undo the laces and replaced it. We could not stop laughing.
Later, the P.P asked: MD, what on earth were you doing , sitting on the floor, during Mass?
I am such a noticebox.🤣
There were gasps, when people entered and saw the beautiful hall.
The parishioners at the Vigil Mass later, were raving about it.
One elderly gentleman with tears in his eyes, held my hand and asked if I was responsible for the chairs. I knew it was you, he said. ♥️
It is back to Mass this morning. It is a tradition that the children come to 10am Sunday Mass to let the parishioners see them and for them to receive the Eucharist.
DH has gone for a walk around the block. He has a tracker on his phone, because he isn't really making progress. 😪
Yesterday he was away for ages and I was about to go looking for him.
Oh, the papers weren't in. I thought I would wait for them. 🤬
I need to get moving. It will be a very crowded church today.
Dragonfly, I hope your spirits lift soon. ♥️
Have a Buona Domenica, which the P.P always says, as a he disappears.