Gransnet forums

Chat

Has the world gone mad?

(29 Posts)
Luckygirl3 Wed 29-Apr-26 17:27:27

I really don't care if they call me a he, she or them as long as they take care of my their/them/its ailments. - exactly. I simply do not need to know this entirely irrelevant piece of information about the writer.

Luckygirl3 Wed 29-Apr-26 17:25:06

I am absolutely happy for people to live the life they want to as long as they do so without harming others, but on a professional communication the writer's gender preferences are totally irrelevant to the matter in hand and have no place on these letters.

It might as well say: John Smith, likes jazz - it is nothing to do with the professional approach.

My DGC knows that their preferences are their own and they never get on a bandwagon forcing these into people's faces. They just quietly get on with their life. They have my support to be themself.

butterandjam Wed 29-Apr-26 17:17:52

I'm afraid it is people like your beloved family member, who have led to employees being asked to publically declare their preferred pronouns.

Perhaps "John" is on a genderfluid journey other people find confusing because he still has prominent breasts or is visibly pregnant.

Luckygirl3 Wed 29-Apr-26 16:42:21

I have just had cause to communicate with PALS at my local hospital after dreadfully rude treatment from a staff member in the pacemaker clinic.
I have had an email reply that is signed:
John Smith
He/him/his

What the hell?

I do not want to join the "what is the world coming to?" brigade, and I am grandmother to a dearly loved young person who is changing from one gender to the other, but I do not need to have this garbage thrust at me on a hospital communication. It is entirely irrelevant to the matter in hand and of no interest to anyone whoever.

How many meetings I wonder did it take for this policy to be decided? In the meantime patients are enduring a poor service.

Sorry folks .. I needed to get that off my chest!