Never had any spare money to plan bucket list type things as almost all require travel and costs of some type.If I win some money my writing hand will be sore with all I've put on the list !!
Are terrorist causes ever right?
Sign up to Gransnet Daily
Our free daily newsletter full of hot threads, competitions and discounts
Subscribe
Iv had children and grandchildren, happily married . I have some serious chronic health issues that mean I āretiredā early . My husband still works so despite living on disability and his earnings I hope to enjoy my next few years .
We hope to
Visit various counties
Weekends away
Sort the house and garden into a sanctuary rather than functional.
Read and cook more
Enjoy hobbies, and iv discovered another in fine art .
I found it difficult at first but Iām trying to embrace the freedom .
And iv just bought a snake š a life long dream
Never had any spare money to plan bucket list type things as almost all require travel and costs of some type.If I win some money my writing hand will be sore with all I've put on the list !!
A dinner cruise on The Bosphorous, Turkiye.
AHORA, desafortunadamente, es un MAL tiempo para viajar a Turkiye o U.A.E. ( Dubai ) ..
Canada: Montreal is another favourite.
Like others, Iāve had very enjoyable trips around the world, but now would like to explore the countryside of Britain and spend more time in it (summer, obviously!).
Iām not ruling out far flung places though. My sister has never been to New York, so that is on the bucket list before we are on Zimmer framesā¦
Iāve also returned to drawing and painting after my life as a singer and would like time to really get to grips with it.
One lifetime is so short for all the wonderful things this world offers.
I am fortunate to not be unwell but I think Iāll start a bottle and note things I miss and make a point of arranging them by taking out one a day. Simple things like visit an old friend in a different County as I never get around to it, coffee at a National Trust and Iāve often thought about those crazy visit a Country for a day trip. I need to do those things while I am able to do so.
Some beautiful places happy to send you cruise info around UK.
Really canāt be doing with the stress of long distance travel on my own . (Widowed for 5 years.) Happy to potter around nearby on the lovely Bolette out of Liverpool (like previous poster). I also like Scotland trips and would like to visit Iona. Iāve always wanted to ice skate, but doubt that will be happening now Iām 70!
Hi! On my 70th birthday, I decided to come up with a list of 'upto' Seventy things to do! Pistol shooting, visiting lords cricket ground, planting a tree, canal trip, cream tea, play the ukulele to name but a few. Unfortunately , I was diagnosed with breast cancer 6 months in so its been delayed! Although during treatment I wrote on post it notes and put in a box the little things I missed doing. Mostly time with my family & treats, like helping grandkids with home work or a nice cup of tea. The little things in life are so precious!
Troy and Ephesus on a cruise in October. Not sure itās going to happen if this war continues.
Arto1s
A Viking River Cruise, and weāre finally going in September. Nuremberg to Budapest. I canāt wait!
I hope you love it. Viking are wonderful.
We are off to Iceland in July on the lovely Bolette from Liverpool....so excited!
Those are great goals to have on your bucket list boo12. I began my bucket list early on when I was in my 30s and Iām glad I did because by my 50s I was seriously ill with oesophageal cancer and not expected to live. My goal for my 40th was to learn to ride a motor bike, so I did, plus I was able to travel quite a bit. On my 50th I achieved a BSc (Hons) in business computing and on my 60th I began painting in oils and acrylics, which I still do. On my 70th I took up cloth art doll making and also making junk journals. My goal for my 80th is to try to make new friends as all my old friends have now moved away to be nearer their families, or have sadly died. I just keep on adding to my bucket list because I love the challenges.
Those are great goals to have on your bucket list boo12. I began my bucket list early on when I was in my 30s and Iām glad I did because by my 50s I was seriously ill with oesophageal cancer and not expected to live. My goal for my 40th was to learn to ride a motor bike, so I did, plus I was able to travel quite a bit. On my 50th I achieved a BSc (Hons) in business computing and on my 60th I began painting in oils and acrylics, which I still do. On my 70th I took up cloth art doll making and also making junk journals. My goal for my 80th is to try to make new friends, as all my old friends have now moved away to be nearer their families, or have sadly died. I just keep on adding to my bucket list because I love the challenges.
Dont have a bucket list as such, but I would like to see the Grand Canyon and Niagara Falls. I could do the latter from Canada. The GC will have to wait. I am not going to the States whilst a certain person is in charge.
A Viking River Cruise, and weāre finally going in September. Nuremberg to Budapest. I canāt wait!
I finished my bucket list last September so now I can enjoy whatever comes my way. Iām not adding anything as I am too unwell to make anything likely but thatās okay. I did what I wanted to do. š
Iāve never felt the need for a bucket list
Ah. Didnāt have a bucket list until today butā¦.weāre both going to be 80 next year. A cruise around the UK or along waterways sounds good.
Any recommended companies or itineraries?
I'm still working at 76, so at the moment I'd like to be confident that I can afford to retire...much as I enjoy my job,I'm getting tired now,and bits hurt!
I've been widowed since 1993 but have had a long distance partner for 17 years. It would be nice to spend more time together!
Covid stopped my intention to visit a new country every year...my much adored cat just turned 20 and has health issues, so I don't like leaving her for many days at a time,I wouldn't relax.
I'd like to spend more time sewing, and other crafts. Old as I am, I'm a bit obsessed with fashion!
I don't have one. Why should life be reduced to things you keep in a bucket?
I just live for the day as much as I can and if something nice comes along then I enjoy it!
Basgetti
seasider
@Basgetti . Iceland is stunning donāt miss out on a visit .
Thank you, yes I can just imagine from films Iāve seen.
Noted. Thanks.
To be honest, I would be totally satisfied to have peace of mind for the rest of my life.
I don't have a 'Bucket List' never have had
Susieq62
Japan
Costa Rica
Albania by train
A cruise to the north of Norway
A reading retreat.
We went to Albania in our Motohome towing a Smart car.
Most of the people we met had never seen either, they were fascinated.
Iāve been so very lucky to be able to have lots of ticks on my bucket list, since my 5 GC are all grown up: jazz tour to New Orleans, Rio Carnival, iguaza Falls, Tango show in Argentina, Salsa dancing in Cuba, Godfather Tour in Sicily, then Sardinia, Madeira, lots of Italy trips, Caribbean cruise, northern Lights and the whales and my fave has been a month long South Sea Island cruise from Sydney, to NZ, then Bora Bora, Tahiti and on to Hawaii. Iāve done this with Singles travel companies as Iāve never been lucky in love, have had some awful times, and this has all been about my dreams. Still have a few more things to do and I keep adding things too, so while I have good health I shall keep going. Lifeās for living ā¦ā¦
Oh and dance the tango in Argentina
Registering is free, easy, and means you can join the discussion, watch threads and lots more.
Register now »Already registered? Log in with:
Gransnet »Get our top conversations, latest advice, fantastic competitions, and more, straight to your inbox. Sign up to our daily newsletter here.
Ā
Ā