Another driech, miserable, wet day here today so popped on to Gransnet and what do I find - more doom, gloom, bad news and health problems. So in an attempt to cheer us up I thought I would start a 'Review of the Year' thread to celebrate the highspots of the year past - only good things allowed (unless the bad ones are really funny with hindsight). Here goes with mine.
A brilliant sunny
week with all 9 of us in a holiday cottage on Barra. Flew in a small plane and landed on shell beach, returned on ferry in a force 9 gale, which I loved 
The Simon Bolivar/Big Noise Concert at Raploch, Stirling, in torrential rain but a wonderful, unforgettable experience. 
Two DGC started primary school and youngest started nursery school. All so grown up, proud and smart in their school uniforms. Later 3 x magical nativity performances where they positively shone.
AND 3 x Gransnet Meet-ups - I cannot explain why these are such joyful occasions, can only say that I find myself grinning from ear to lug and can't stop. It is as if characters from a favourite book have come to life and you can chat with them and hug them - A M A Z I N G - 
My daughter is lying about me and editing me out of her life.
Russian interference in U.K. politics
Sudden pain in back of leg behind knee
Trump blames Zelensky for war on Ukraine and says they need a new leader 🙄

)


