Heading off end of this week for big family reunion at the Jersey shore (translation: New Jersey sea side). With half the family religious right wing Republicans and the rest of us Liberal Democrats (US version, not UK Lib Dems), I have vowed that there will be NO political /religious discussions - at least none in which I'll be participating. . . .what are the chances. . .??
Hiya , we will be joining u in the good ole US of A tomorrow , We were in California in May , great ! We are flying to Detroit then up to the great lakes Michigan Coast, Cleveland,Pennsylvania, Gettysberg big loop round then back to Detroit and home . We are away for 5 weeks how about you? Enjoy Bigtime .
Hi! Y'all. We're settled in Escondido for a few more days and I thought I would say hello to everyone back home. I'm only allowed the computer for another few minutes, so I'll have to have a look next time I'm on.
As usual we are having a great time and having a giggle about the differences between us and our American cousins - yesterday's was when I ordered a cup of tea in a restaurant; the conversation went like this. "Tea, please". Waitress "is that iced tea?' Me - "No, hot please". Waitress "Do you want it with honey?" Me " Yuck." Puzzled face and much shaking of the head. Waitress "It's common to have hot tea with honey round here".
By the way, I now know why Americans eat out so much - it's because groceries are so expensive in the supermarkets.