My post actually referred to the fact that right wing in Australia is nowhere near as far right as the republican/tea party right wing in America. However, I do agree that right and left politics, when extremes are added to both sides, can form a circle and meet in a repressive authoritarian middle.
In Australia and England, at least we don't have all that religiosity that seems to be dominating the far right of the USA.
Actually, that reminds me of Romney's VP candidate who loves the writings of Ayn Rand. Rand was an ultra right wing writer, probably the original 'greed is good' advocate who rejected all social services, help for the poor, and altruism based politics, taxation, and any constraints at all, on business. But he doesn't like Rand any more, he says, 'cos she was an atheist!
I mean, really, her atheism was the only acceptable part of her!! Oh, by the way, Rand ended her days on Social Security. I guess hypocrisy goes with the territory.
And, back to the thread question, the extreme right of politics makes me angry.