What I really like about Gransnet is that we can have considered debates that give an all-round view of interesting and sometimes contentious issues. It's a shame that having an open discussion brings some posts that appear to be motivated by a desire to create conflict. Nowadays, when the first agitating post appears on a thread, I always read back to the beginning to see if that poster has contributed anything to the discussion beforehand. Sadly, not many have done so. I wonder whether they are aware that this pattern of seeking out opportunities to create conflict is becoming more obvious?
Lively debate is stimulating and I wouldn't want to see it quashed. There are ways to give other perspectives, or to challenge each other, without resorting to claims that some posters think they are a cut above or below others. That's why we have guidance about forum etiquette. 
My daughter is lying about me and editing me out of her life.
Russian interference in U.K. politics


, people who are supposed benefit-scroungers or have been to public school etc, etc, but how good are you at seeing people and situations from a non-prejudiced point of view?


.
