Greatnan DD like you has never encountered problems, her trip to UN is always in the winter. She flew to Geneva when she went skiing in Les Arcs when she was at school and was impressed then with their efficiency. I haven't heard yet whether her DH arrived last night, he was on the train to King's Cross and then on Eurostar. I am keeping everything crossed because we are driving to Brussels.
Harrigran - I am very glad that I fly out of Geneva, even though I live in France. The airport is run with Swiss efficiency and I haven't had a single problem with weather or strikes
I think it has OGM it is roughly tree shaped but made of scaffolding and white sheets. There is a protest going on at the moment but they are sticking to their guns because they say a traditional tree would offend Muslims.
Harri thanks for the info. They put up a strange triangular metal object, instead of a tree, in our town a couple of years ago. There was a public outcry and the offending modern sculpture disappeared after just one year, we now have 'proper' trees! Oh dear perhaps it will reappear in Brussels!
OGM DD managed to get herself back to work on Monday, you have to produce a sick note for even one day off so she tends to struggle on. She says there are no cases of norovirus unlike UK, everybody is going down with it. I kept away from GC for a week in an attempt to avoid their infection. I am probably going to miss the markets because I do not arrive until the 21st. DD is bitterly disappointed because they have put modern art in The Grand Place instead of a traditional Christmas tree, she was so looking forward to having a traditional Christmas with us. DD is off to Geneva until 14th, luckily they seem to be geared up for the snow and transport continues unlike GB where everything grinds to a halt.
i only got a nokia c3 I turn it to silent quite often, but it does not notify me of emails only texts hey ho probably not got that set up.
I have to keep it til next July or pay fortune, but now I changed email provider ok it did not cope with talk talk email ok with hotmail.
lot hassle!! Orange just said not their problem after 6 months you have to contact Nokia!! great. is a nokia shop in Colchester he just restored factory settings, I could have done that, still did not work bu he did recommend new email and that worked!!
Oh crikey harri the OG and I are off to Brussels on Saturday for for 3 days, visiting Christmas Markets ( my attempt to get into the spirit of things as I don't really enjoy Christmas). I do hope your daughter is on the mend and that the population of Brussels are virus free!
I've been in bed for a couple of days trying to shake off a temperature/cough/cold/sore throat etc. before flying up to Manchester this afternoon. I was worried about flying as I've also had bad earache, but the Wonderful Man has been dosing me up and I've decided that if I continue to improve throughout the day I shall probably make the flight after all. Then it just occurred to me that staying with my 83 year old mother when I'm in this state probably isn't the kindest thing to do, so I've booked a hotel room for three nights. Nice airport hotel at £29 a night, with breakfast!!
Good morning All! Beautiful morning here in East Anglia!! Opened my emails and found the following from my SIL in Oz. Its really very well done and no nasty shock at the end!! (I was expecting one I'm afraid) Watch it and enjoy it and pass it to your friends!!!!! www.youtube.com/watch-popup?v=E8nJhG1xE5o
None of those things are apparent Elegran though they may be 'hidden' behind something else? I'll find a nice young phone shop person to sort it out and explain in words of one syllable what I need to do.
Oh..... (I was showing off a bit)!! Just looked and seen the bit you meant, Notso. I haven't done emails on mine - but the best thing is to ask at the shop, I think. I'm usually trying so hard to look intelligent when someone is telling me how to do something though, that I'm not taking in the information....I'm sure you'll not have that problem though, !
I've done that Marelli.... just checked again and the silent mode is on but described as 'No sounds except media and alarms'. So it still makes a noise every time an email arrives, lots of which come in at night! I'll keep persevering until I'm near a phone shop again and can get someone to idiot proof it for me
My smartphone whistles, too! Go to 'settings', Notso, then 'sound', then 'silent mode'. If you click on that, you'll have silence whenever you want it -well, from the phone, anyway! !