Anglo Doorstep Collection. Just put stuff into bin bags ( separately ofcourse) - and leave the bags by your doorstep. I have just got rid of 2 bin-liners full of books , another bag of clothes. Excellent service. Just Google them. You will see how easy it is
Shop assistants everywhere vary, some friendly and pleasant, some so rude and disinterested in customers you wonder they don’t find another job doing something they prefer. If I find any shop, charity or otherwise which has rude staff I go elsewhere with my custom.
I have found that, I think a thanks would be nice, just an acknowledgement that I've brought some things in for them to sell. I haven't had that and always leave a bit deflated.
My friend went in a charity shop and got an armful of clothes to buy. The woman behind the counter spoke to her colleague through one side of her mouth, in a loud whisper and said "Watch this one, she brings a lot of stuff back..."
Anyone else find that some charity shops make you feel very uncomfortable about leaving in donations? I went to 2 charity shops today and was very deliberately ignored in both, in one 4 members of staff sat in a back room and stared at me but otherwise totally ignored me, the 3rd shop took the donations with no enthusiasm or gratitude. Last month a charity shop worker told me off for leaving stuff in the afternoon and not the morning. Honestly they make you feel like they're doing you a favour. I can understand that people abuse the system by dropping off rubbish but everything I donate is clean and in good order. I also understand that shops have limited space but a thank you and a polite refusal isn't that hard.