MissAdventure
There could be underlying reasons why someone doesn't grieve in a "normal way".
It doesn't impact on anyone else's experience of loss and bereavement though.
I agree ...
I've experienced 30 years of trauma, due to the loss of my dad a 39 year old neighbour who I'd spent 25 mins trying to resuscitate whilst I was 8 months pregnant and didn't succeed. Then having to have a caesarean, and then giving birth to my daughter who screamed for 17 months with colic - I didn't have the time to grieve for my dad and friend.
Then a marriage break-up due to abuse, then my health started to decline and 24 surgeries later, it all culminated in the suicide of my daughter.
I feel that I have been resilient'' for so long, that I just cannot 'describe my feelings' at all, and feel as though I have an 'emotional detachment disorder'. Asked my GP about it and he gave me a number to call, and a telephone assessment followed.
There two questionnaires, one for depression an the other for anxiety. Scores of 10 or more and 8 or more indicate that you would benefit from further treatment. I scored 27/27, and 18/21, and was told to contact MIND as they couldn't help me! You couldn't make it up ....