As an ex secondary school teacher, I occasionally had to speak to students about their personal hygiene. I remember one incident when I had a lesson after lunch with a group of 17/18 year old boys. Some of them had been into the local town during their lunch break and got caught in a heavy shower. I was sat at a computer next to 'Peter', and we worked away. I noticed an overpowering aroma and said to the group 'what on earth is that terrible smell?' No-one replied and we all continued working. After the class a couple of the boys came to me and said 'Miss, it was Peter you could smell'. I was mortified but Peter had not seemed troubled my question. I thought about it, as I had not noticed him smelling before. I think that sat in his wet clothes in a warm centrally heated classroom had led to his clothes gently drying and emitting sweat from his clothes. His friends said that there was always a problem with his hygiene so I grasped the nettle and had a private chat with him. I explained that if you are wearing clothing for a couple of days, the fresh sweat on top of the older dry sweat can lead to body odour. I told him that if he ever needed to wash his clothes he could do it at school, not every family has the resources to do regular washes. Many schools, particularly primaries, help families out in this way.