Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Patio Cleaner

(34 Posts)
pascal30 Sat 19-Apr-25 18:24:11

Wet and Forget is fantastic.. Literally spray over with the solution.. not before rain.. and leave for a couple of weeks.. Patio cleans itself just like magic..

Casdon Sat 19-Apr-25 18:11:33

I use Patio Magic, as I’ve got a patio at the far end of my garden which is too far from the house for a pressure washer. I sweep the patio, wash it with detergent to get the worst dirt off, then spray with Patio Magic and leave on. It doesn’t look as if it’s doing much at first, but after a week or so it is good, it kills all the algae, including black mould (use a higher concentrate if you have black mould). It also has the advantage of not damaging the grout, which pressure washing can do.

Charleygirl5 Sat 19-Apr-25 18:06:01

NantheWiser* I have bought the same. My problem is that I am partially sighted, so I cannot read the print regarding the dilution levels. I also thought my weeds would vanish overnight.

Norah Sat 19-Apr-25 18:04:10

Karcher pressure washer.

Amazon. Cheap as chips, easy to use.

www.amazon.co.uk/K%C3%A4rcher-Power-Control-pressure-washer/dp/B08R66352P/ref=sr_1_3?crid=1CZI5PMXPDNQ7&keywords=karcher%2Bpressure%2Bwasher&sprefix=karcher%2Caps%2C261&th=1&dib_tag=se&tag=gransnetforum-21&dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.Uito3F7Tm677Tqgh6CqAqev68WjqwrPiLSY1hPHP9WBEXQ566VCVVAaUw19owb6DN1OnjPOh5Pv7ls0UXL8Cx9nDAdTWSwHoihEArhD8cCzI7j-0iMOP3Sk2yDdYkrq3nfywPGNsUIVfdoJNe1il6jqRLfyhkO-pG4uOtjm-9vc2u7USM6uJhCT12eIIRzmUGHE_4gBbhrN_dRE1l4zIesKmLj8VKd-xLD608Llttx8.IfyTUkgU5pyam0JNCoHh2bUkNEutuBtwIvm1BWTNT2k&qid=1745082128&sr=8-3

Georgesgran Sat 19-Apr-25 17:55:48

I had my drive cleaned (jet wash) a few years back. They blew out all the sand between the blocks and forced filthy water under my garage door, which was also damaged along the bottom. I felt pressured into paying, then found they’d dumped all the ‘gunk’ in my garden bin - bunch of cowboys really.

NanTheWiser Sat 19-Apr-25 15:00:20

Not yet, but I have a container of Wet and Forget (same sort of stuff) waiting to do mine as soon as I have cleared the patio, and the weather is right.

Apparently results aren’t immediate, it seems to work over a period of time, I believe it contains some sort of biocide which kills off algae and moss, but might not clean off some stubborn marks.

My patio is old, and the mortar is crumbling, so jet washing it would probably make it worse.

Judy54 Sat 19-Apr-25 14:47:01

Yes same here pressure washer and clean water. Did get a Professional in recently and He did an amazing job on patio, garden path and hard standing at front of house. The bricks came up like new, definitely will us him again.

Scribbles Sat 19-Apr-25 12:44:57

I've never used anything other than a pressure-washer and clean water.

kittylester Sat 19-Apr-25 12:33:02

Our patio needs it annual clean and DH is keen to use one called Patio Magic as it claims to require no scrubbing or rinsing.

Has anyone tried one like that or have any other suggestions please?