I am terrified of telling a lie. I drummed it himself when I was little that something really bad would happen to me if I did, and I can't shake that off now! 
I'm very good at evasion.
Good Morning Sunday 11th October 2026
No good reason still to vote Tory


and we had a conversation yesterday about lying. We have two relatives who routinely tell quite big lies. We think it's attention seeking, trying to deflect blame for bad behaviour. Some of the lies are huge and yet none of the family challenge these two. Is it because we are embarrassed or we don't want to embarrass them? My husband who was listening tells me men do this a lot but not about such serious issues. Mostly about how much they earn/ success with women that kind of stuff. We agreed that we often embellish stories mostly to make them more interesting. My daughter thinks harmless flirting on a night out is very different from down right lies. So why do we let the big lies go unchallenged are we both cowards by not confronting the lies ?