GrannyGravy13
MartavTaurus
Just use Deliveroo instead! No £40. Though it's not really for big quantities.
I have never used Deliveroo, Ubereats etc., perhaps that should be my next mission 😹
I never use Deliveroo, they just annoy me, my perception is they exploit their workers and employ people illegally. I just don't like the way these people operate so I make it my business not to use their services. We don't often order takeaways, a couple of times we have from our local Indian restaurant, we go and pick it up.
Having said that I know my children use Deliveroo, they like Waggamama takeaways, when one of them and his o/h were staying with us for a week, they ordered a Deliveroo from Wagga's and had to wait absolutely ages and then son moaned and moaned because they'd forgotten the chopsticks first world problems
I do occasionally get groceries delivered from Ocado. I've always been fairly confident about picking up Christmas food, albeit in dribs and drabs before the day. I like to have a good look at what I'm buying particularly with regards to meat, fruit and vegetables. I've also read horror stories of rotten turkeys being delivered at a very late stage and one customer had their turkey substituted for turkey dinosaurs, which I think was an entirely inappropriate substitution and of course ruined their Christmas. Wise maybe to have a joint in the freezer as a backup 