I am a 62 year old nurse and have been nursing now for 40 years. I really don’t enjoy it anymore, the politics and poor management. I work a couple of days a week.
I am wanting to retire at the end of the year and spend more time helping my 86 year old Mum.
But the thing is I am scared about not earning money as I always have been financially independent. I am married and my husband receives his state pension and has a part time job too.
We live quite modestly apart from spending £6k a year on holidays.
I have a very modest £50k in a private pension and around £80k in savings.
I own my home and have no mortgage or other debts.
I own another home which is worth £350k, again no mortgage which is rented. The rental brings in £1345 pm.
So my question is - do you think I would be okay financially and do you think I ought to sell my rental to use as my retirement fund?
Many thanks.
What medicine do you remember always having in your childhood medicine cabinet?
Do You Have Any Strange Memories?
WORD ASSOCIATION -27 (June 26)



