Thank you all or your advice and incredibly kind words, it's really helped me put things into perspective. You're right of course, and I have a GP appointment in a couple of weeks time (the earliest I could get!). The powers that be shuffled in on Thursday, shuffled into the meeting room. Admin team not invited. After 2 hours, they shuffled out again and left. Didn't even have the decency to come and talk to any of us. Appalling dereliction of their "duty of care". Yesterday the new business manager had a 5 minute chat with us all (whilst the phones were still ringing and parents at the desk to be dealt with). She said that they were "hoping" to get an advert out to replace the full time member of staff within the next month and do we all want to do extra hours in the meantime. NO, we don't! I am actually feeling better because instead of being a weeping snotty mess, I am now bloody angry, which is a good deal healthier. How dare they make me feel like this! In any event, I will plod on and not take on any extra work, I'll work my contracted hours and not a minute more. I'll contact Unison to see if they can help and if things don't improve I'll go off with work related stress. As for the husband, the plan was always once I retire, I'd look for some voluntary work locally, perhaps Age Concern or the like? Thanks again to all of you. You really have made me see some sense. xx