Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Blue Lights on now

(28 Posts)
Jaxjacky Tue 29-Sept-26 21:08:27

Series 4.

Eloethan Sun 04-Oct-26 10:43:29

I have watched Blue Lights from the first series to the last - I assume there will not be another one as this season 4 seems to conclude the main storyline.

I think it has been a brilliant series and totally disagree that the acting was stilted and unrealistic. I think all the actors were absolutely superb.

Clawdy Thu 01-Oct-26 13:35:28

Enjoying it so far.

appletree21 Thu 01-Oct-26 07:30:06

I loved the previous series of this and was looking forward to the new one starting. I haven't watched the first episode yet but I am hoping that it too will be good. Some mixed opinions here from people who have already seen it, so keeping my fingers crossed . 🙂

Rocketstop2 Wed 30-Sept-26 22:36:12

Well I'm just reporting back to say I watched the first episode tonight,I really liked it.Looking forward to seeing the next one.

WithNobsOnIt Wed 30-Sept-26 19:09:48

Might be realistic. But l find a lot of these type of series to be very formulaic, stereo typical, and boring tbh. What else is new?

The sort of thing that could be written by AI.

Aveline Wed 30-Sept-26 18:23:11

Well I thought it was great. Tough things to see but clearly true to life in troubled times.

Rocketstop2 Wed 30-Sept-26 17:50:59

I used to love it, so was looking forward to seeing it. Hope to watch it tonight and I will report back !

JamesandJon33 Wed 30-Sept-26 17:25:59

Sorry that got a bit jumbled

JamesandJon33 Wed 30-Sept-26 17:24:36

Menopausalbitch I don’t disagree with what you say, and I think. the acting superb… but there is so much these day about , I just want a little something else after a long day.different groups hating each other

petra Wed 30-Sept-26 17:01:23

Luckygirl3

I turned it off. Acting weak and stilted.

Once again the trailer for the program was enough to tell you how bad the acting and script were.

Susieq62 Wed 30-Sept-26 16:42:57

I love this programme but need to catch up with this episode

Menopauselbitch Wed 30-Sept-26 16:21:44

JamesandJon33

Didn’t enjoy it. Very shouty and violent, and immigrants again !

I go there a lot and it’s very much acted like the reality of it

Jaxjacky Wed 30-Sept-26 15:54:43

My husband, born and bred Belfast/Carrickfergus would agree with you inishowen

inishowen Wed 30-Sept-26 14:50:34

I live "over there" and am the wife of a retired police officer. I can tell you its very realistic. The acting is superb 👌

Devorgilla Wed 30-Sept-26 14:38:19

I watched the first episode and thought it was very true to life over there at the moment. A friend of mine who still lived over there did email when the Belfast anti-immigration protests were on to say it was the first time he had seen the Tricolour and Union Jack supporting one another.
I'm trying to wean myself off binge-watching so will wait for next episode - or so I tell myself.

GrammaH Wed 30-Sept-26 14:27:52

I was looking forward to the 4th series and wasn't disappointed. It got off to an explosive start and continued to hold my attention, so much so that I went on to watch the next episode.

Labradora Wed 30-Sept-26 14:17:59

Watched first Episode of the 4th season last night.
It was a slow start but a storming finish.
I really enjoyed it.
I have generally liked this series very much.

Grandmotherto8 Wed 30-Sept-26 13:49:10

I love Blue Lights. Well written, with excellent plot lines, police officers have attested to it's authenticity. I think the acting is very good.

Junglebub Wed 30-Sept-26 13:44:09

Switched off after 15 mins. Was Looking forward to it as absolutely loved the last series but found it racist, nasty - and the female characters were shown in a very bad light.

Jaxjacky Wed 30-Sept-26 06:53:50

We enjoyed it, very topical.

JamesandJon33 Wed 30-Sept-26 06:01:35

Didn’t enjoy it. Very shouty and violent, and immigrants again !

merlotgran Tue 29-Sept-26 23:05:53

I love it. It’s very gripping.

Coolgran65 Tue 29-Sept-26 22:22:47

Love it. Perhaps I'm biased as I'm from just outside Belfast.
Very realstic.

Fairislecable Tue 29-Sept-26 22:18:47

I found it gripping and interesting that two opposing sides would join together in their protest.

I enjoyed it.

Grannybags Tue 29-Sept-26 22:02:43

Oh no! I loved the last series and was looking forward to watching it tomorrow.

Hopefully it’ll get better Luckygirl