Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Clean it fix it

(17 Posts)
EllieAnne Thu 24-Sept-26 15:14:18

I’ve always liked this programme but it’s not the same without Tommy,

MayBee70 Thu 24-Sept-26 15:28:45

I was thrilled to find there was a new series and that there were four episodes on catchup for me to watch. But watching it last night the format seemed to have changed and it didn’t seem as good or informative. And the woman in the first episode just seemed to live in a big posh house and her only problem was having two untidy teenagers ( although it did seem that her son had mental health problems that weren’t mentioned; I assume she didn’t want it to be publicised). Is Tommy not going to be in it at all? I hope he’s ok.

EllieAnne Thu 24-Sept-26 16:48:28

May bee who doesn’t have untidy teenagers..? And the mother today could have sorted herself out. There was no need to have her child’s clothes hanging out of the drawers.

MayBee70 Thu 24-Sept-26 17:34:50

I think there was more of a back story to it that they couldn’t talk about. I’m still going to binge the other episodes. There are still episodes from season one that I’ve never been able to find. A couple are on utube.

fancythat Thu 24-Sept-26 19:07:33

I still have about 3 old episodes of it I havent watched yet.
Time for me to do so I think.
Then I can take a look at the newer ones.

MayBee70 Thu 24-Sept-26 19:19:24

fancythat

I still have about 3 old episodes of it I havent watched yet.
Time for me to do so I think.
Then I can take a look at the newer ones.

That’s like having some chocolate in a cupboard and not eating it!

fancythat Thu 24-Sept-26 19:24:55

!

I have masses of programmes recorded.
I get to them, but sometimes not for years.
I dont mind.
Means, as you say, lots of chocolate in the cupboard!

MayBee70 Thu 24-Sept-26 19:38:39

I’ve got DVD’s I bought years ago that I still haven’t watched. They’ll even be on tv before I get to see them.sometimes I feel that, because I’ve recorded something or bought the dvd it’s an extension of my memory confused. So I just file it away and watch something else…

WelshPoppy Sat 26-Sept-26 16:45:47

I just want to know where they put all the stuff that's all over the place at the start. I know they have a sort out but they must have skips full as there's hardly anything put back.

ordinarygirl Sat 26-Sept-26 18:50:01

the new series has lost the sparkle .

MayBee70 Sat 26-Sept-26 19:22:42

WelshPoppy

I just want to know where they put all the stuff that's all over the place at the start. I know they have a sort out but they must have skips full as there's hardly anything put back.

They say they put it to one side so the homeowner can sort through it at leisure. I don’t really like the guy who presents it. He’s always trying to draw emotion out of people. I’ll still be glued to it, though. And there’s a whole series of cash in the attic that I haven’t seen. I do like the presenters in that, especially Izzy.

Nannan2 Sat 26-Sept-26 20:17:47

I will watch as i didnt know it was back.Will not be same without Tommy,has he retired? I am waiting for Stacy Solomon and sort your life out returning,so been catching up with the soaps.But they are still all 'samey'.

Nannan2 Sun 27-Sept-26 14:00:21

Watched all 4 on there yesterday,no its not the same, they have changed everyone except the lovely cleaning lady,but she doesnt seem to give as many hints& tips as she used to? Yes,i agree,some of them could sort themselves out, and the teen seemed to have some kind of ASD issues maybe- but if shes always done everything for both her teens all their life(i am guessing so) then she cant expect that to change overnight just because she cant do it all.Downsize to smaller house maybe?Its same on sort your life out, the people on there could (mostly) sort it themselves,or at least with any family/friends to help.Some can't occasionally, due to illness or age etc,or if no one to help,why not show more of them, not the lazy ones?Also i noticed they all seemed to have big roomy bedrooms,where are all the normal sized ones like i'm in? The shoe- box sized or medium sized,so we know how to tackle these ourselves going forward?Am not happy with this 'new format'.😐

Nannan2 Sun 27-Sept-26 14:05:23

Was thinking the lady with the small child maybe left all the clothes hanging out of drawers so they would think how bad it is and definitely choose her? But then i saw small child at end pulling all his drawers out,so maybe its sonething he does regularly🤔He was very 'energetic' too and jumping on all furniture (it seemed dangerous?) so maybe has some ADHD issues she should ask for help with.

MayBee70 Sun 27-Sept-26 22:47:43

Nannan2

I will watch as i didnt know it was back.Will not be same without Tommy,has he retired? I am waiting for Stacy Solomon and sort your life out returning,so been catching up with the soaps.But they are still all 'samey'.

Dilly Carters Sort Your Life Out podcast is very good. The programme won’t be returning till next spring.

MayBee70 Wed 30-Sept-26 13:26:07

Has anyone ever actually used a Moses Basket for a baby. Imo instead of a baby changing table baby could be changed on the bed ( it’s what I always did; much safer) which would make room for a proper cot!

EllieAnne Wed 30-Sept-26 13:38:35

I used a Moses basket when baby was little then moved him to a cot when he got bigger.