Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Oh dear - actress Stephanie Cole has passed.

(55 Posts)
Margs Fri 18-Sept-26 16:05:15

Didn't she play Auntie Joan in Doc Martin?

Ziggy62 Sat 19-Sept-26 08:58:44

Poppyred

Sorry, didn’t mean to upset anyone. Lost my husband at just 70 a few months ago. Another 14 years would have been lovely….

Thinking of you xx

Ziggy62 Sat 19-Sept-26 08:57:49

I loved her in Open All Hours and in Coronation Street as well as Tenko
Dont see a problem in OP using the word "passed"

Harris27 Sat 19-Sept-26 08:41:55

I loved her in open all hours as the black widow. She was funny and amazing! Always after Grenville in the still open all hours! Wonderful actor.

nanna8 Sat 19-Sept-26 05:11:18

A good age = 10 years older than your current age as far as I’m concerned! My 92 years old friend has curbed her expectations a little and for her it is 95-100.

MawsRosie Sat 19-Sept-26 04:59:30

Grandma70s

MawsRosie

The word is died.

Thank you for saying that for me. Sorry to be a bit frivolous (though I don’t think she would have minded) but I was tempted to say “Passed what? The 11 plus?”.

I think she would have robustly poo-poohed euphemisms like “passed” and used the word “died” herself every time eg in Waiting For God

V3ra Sat 19-Sept-26 04:53:55

Most of us are galloping towards our eighties - well trotting, I would say…..

You could always "refuse" at the next fence... 🐎

Lovetopaint037 Sat 19-Sept-26 00:42:59

posset

Poppyred

She was 84, so a good age.

As I gallop towards my 80s I don't consider 84 to be a "good age"!

Thank you posset. I am 85 and feeling it.

Cold Sat 19-Sept-26 00:20:42

Kandinsky

Loved her in ‘waiting for God’

I loved her in that show! 😍

However looking back it seems astonishing that she was cast as Diana - an elderly resident in a residential care home - when she was 48-49!

crazyH Fri 18-Sept-26 23:43:38

Loved Stephanie Cole in Waiting for God. Wasn’t she in coronation Street as well ?

crazyH Fri 18-Sept-26 23:39:32

If my memory serves me, I think Poppyred is quite young. Most of us are galloping towards our eighties - well trotting, I would say…..

Margs Fri 18-Sept-26 23:09:15

Moonwatcher1904

Aww she was brilliant as Mrs Featherstone in Open All Hours.

Oh yes - Arkwright referred to her as "Delphine - the Black Widow!"

Delila Fri 18-Sept-26 22:23:10

Very sad news about Stephanie Cole.

Delila Fri 18-Sept-26 22:21:01

posset

Poppyred

She was 84, so a good age.

As I gallop towards my 80s I don't consider 84 to be a "good age"!

Exactly what I was thinking posset! I felt a little chill creep over me for a moment just then 😨

Deedaa Fri 18-Sept-26 21:42:00

My daughter modelled herself on Diana in Waiting For God. She's 52 now and it's going very well.

Grandma70s Fri 18-Sept-26 21:32:10

MawsRosie

The word is died.

Thank you for saying that for me. Sorry to be a bit frivolous (though I don’t think she would have minded) but I was tempted to say “Passed what? The 11 plus?”.

YorkLady Fri 18-Sept-26 20:54:46

Kandinsky

Loved her in ‘waiting for God’

Would love a chance to see this again. She was a great actress.
RIP.

JenniRen Fri 18-Sept-26 20:32:47

Poppyred

Sorry, didn’t mean to upset anyone. Lost my husband at just 70 a few months ago. Another 14 years would have been lovely….

Don't worry about it Poppyred.

I'm sorry your time with your husband was cut short 💐

ReturningFromExile Fri 18-Sept-26 20:27:34

Very sorry to hear that she suffered from Alzheimer's in the past few years.

Dickens Fri 18-Sept-26 20:18:23

posset

Poppyred

She was 84, so a good age.

As I gallop towards my 80s I don't consider 84 to be a "good age"!

I've galloped to the finishing-post and passed it - I'm also 84 and not preparing to "pass" anytime soon, though of course, fate may decide otherwise. However, I'm still making future plans because I think it's better to live life that way.

RIP Stephanie Cole, she always came across as someone you could relate to somehow.

MayBee70 Fri 18-Sept-26 20:16:48

HelterSkelter1

Oh dear. I am feeling a bit tearful already today and this is sad.
I can hear her voice in my head in Cabin Pressure on radio 4.
Some wonderful actresses this year.

Thanks for reminding me of that. I once read an article written by John Finnemore that he wrote for The Observer. It was about squirrels or something like that and was one of the funniest things I’ve ever read. But I never got round to listening to Cabin Pressure even though I’ve always intended to.

MawsRosie Fri 18-Sept-26 19:31:47

The word is died.

merlotgran Fri 18-Sept-26 19:23:04

I thought she was great in Tenko and Doc Martin.
RIP Stephanie Cole.

Lomo123 Fri 18-Sept-26 19:16:24

Loved her in Coronation Street. With her uke banjo.

Oreo Fri 18-Sept-26 18:10:47

Visgir1

I too thought she was a great all round Actress. Bet she was great fun off set too.
RIP

She was great inA Bit Of A Do, she was guaranteed to be drunk halfway through the evening 😁

Oreo Fri 18-Sept-26 18:08:42

Poppyred

Sorry, didn’t mean to upset anyone. Lost my husband at just 70 a few months ago. Another 14 years would have been lovely….

Nobody should be upset because 84 is a good age and plenty of people would have been glad to reach it.
Sorry for your loss.💐