Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

Pyjamas

(46 Posts)
MayBee70 Mon 18-May-26 21:43:26

I stocked up on pyjamas years ago and am still living in them (literally; I don’t go out much). But feel that I need to restock. I guess I need to go into M&S in town but haven’t been shopping there for years ( can’t walk far). However, looking online, the sort of cotton pyjamas I used to wear don’t seem to exist any more, especially as I’ve got short legs. A lot of them are wide leg ( which I think is a trip hazard) or shock horror shorts. Does anyone sell normal cotton pyjamas any more? Haven’t tried the supermarkets ( tend to forget how many clothes they sell).

TillyTrotter Fri 09-Oct-26 10:01:38

Very true petra we do take running water for granted in this country.

MayBee70 Fri 09-Oct-26 08:53:46

HelterSkelter1

I bought some lovely all cotton wintry PJS with a long sleeved top yesterday in MS for 12.50. The bottoms look a tad long, but I will take them up a bit if they are a trip risk.

Reading this thread I must be rather a grubby soul as I dont wash my PJ bottoms every day. They go in the weekly wash. Need I hang my head in shame? Bedding is weekly as well.

Everything is too long for me, even more so now that I’ve shrunk! I’ve bought my whippet pyjamas from Next and they are elasticated at the ankle so I don’t have to worry about tripping. I don’t wash mine every day either….

petra Fri 09-Oct-26 08:48:21

TillyTrotter

If you wash your body every day - and I’m sure you do Helter - absolutely no need to wash jammy bottoms every day.
No need to hang your head 🙃
Some folks wash the living daylights out of their clothes.

Not just their clothes but that protective barrier against germs called skin.
Wasting our most precious resources. Without water we are completely stuffed.
Then there is the cost of cleaning that water 😡

Aldom Fri 09-Oct-26 08:24:04

Correction..... nightwear! grin

Aldom Fri 09-Oct-26 08:22:28

John Lewis online have a wonderful selection of nightware.
I've just ordered two pairs of pure cotton pyjamas (traditional style) and two pure cotton, long sleeve night dresses.
I wear clean underwear with night dresses and pyjamas. I thought everyone did. smile

TillyTrotter Fri 09-Oct-26 07:55:51

Matalan have this design online - 100% cotton - £20.

TillyTrotter Fri 09-Oct-26 07:47:41

I got smashing PJ’s from Matalan last year , (super soft, ‘though not cotton) and am looking forward to wearing them very soon.

TillyTrotter Fri 09-Oct-26 07:46:14

If you wash your body every day - and I’m sure you do Helter - absolutely no need to wash jammy bottoms every day.
No need to hang your head 🙃
Some folks wash the living daylights out of their clothes.

HelterSkelter1 Fri 09-Oct-26 07:28:24

I bought some lovely all cotton wintry PJS with a long sleeved top yesterday in MS for 12.50. The bottoms look a tad long, but I will take them up a bit if they are a trip risk.

Reading this thread I must be rather a grubby soul as I dont wash my PJ bottoms every day. They go in the weekly wash. Need I hang my head in shame? Bedding is weekly as well.

Pleasebenice Fri 09-Oct-26 07:08:19

Next have some nice one and you can order online. Tesco are also good. Primark are cheap but not cotton and will not last long.

M0nica Mon 28-Sept-26 09:40:54

You do not have to go into town to shop until you have reviewed the supermarket offers online, savinh you having to go from shop to shop.

MayBee70 Mon 28-Sept-26 07:59:16

AuroraDawn

I have just purchased some buttery soft pyjamas from Home Bargains. I saw them in store, but they didn’t have my size. So I checked online and ordered them. They are Winnie The Pooh design, which I love.

Shops are full of them now. They must think people only wear pyjamas in winter. I’m going into Home Bargains tomorrow. I’ll have a look. I bought some whippet pyjamas from Next yesterday.

AuroraDawn Mon 28-Sept-26 00:07:40

I have just purchased some buttery soft pyjamas from Home Bargains. I saw them in store, but they didn’t have my size. So I checked online and ordered them. They are Winnie The Pooh design, which I love.

SueDonim Tue 04-Aug-26 18:13:24

Deedaa my M&S had longer t-shirt nighties in stock today. I’d say they were mid-calf length.

Bukkie Tue 04-Aug-26 18:09:31

I like Bonmarche nightwear. Really soft and comfortable.

midgey Tue 04-Aug-26 18:07:50

Deeds have you tried Landsend? They have calf length nightdresses, they are expensive but if you manage to catch the sale it is more reasonable.

JamesandJon33 Tue 04-Aug-26 14:29:27

I always liked the look of pyjamas but don’t wear them as you have to wash the bottoms every day.

Beechnut Tue 04-Aug-26 13:56:15

Deedaa

I donnt't wear pyjamas because I hate the way they get wrapped round my legs in bed. My complaint with M&S is nighties. I like the T shirt style ones, and I 've always bought knee length ones. The last couple of times I've been to M&S they've been much shorter and unless to stand up very straight they barely cover your bottom. My 13 year old grandson spends several nights a week at my house and I don't want to bump into him on the landing if what I'n wearing is barely decent.

Camille Lingerie (or buy from them through Roman) do knee length or longer nightdresses Deedaa

Deedaa Mon 03-Aug-26 23:03:40

I donnt't wear pyjamas because I hate the way they get wrapped round my legs in bed. My complaint with M&S is nighties. I like the T shirt style ones, and I 've always bought knee length ones. The last couple of times I've been to M&S they've been much shorter and unless to stand up very straight they barely cover your bottom. My 13 year old grandson spends several nights a week at my house and I don't want to bump into him on the landing if what I'n wearing is barely decent.

Coops74 Mon 03-Aug-26 22:47:03

I wear Asda cropped pjs I’m 4 ft 11 and they go down to my ankles wash well and you can shop on line.

MayBee70 Mon 03-Aug-26 22:34:31

Success! M&S online have got some cropped cotton pyjamas at last so I’m stocking up on them. Thank goodness that cropped trousers are now fashionable because, being short they’re perfect for me, especially as I worry about tripping in wide leg pyjama bottoms. I’m going to wash and store my favourite pyjamas.

MayBee70 Tue 19-May-26 13:34:12

I might have a problem if I do get to Primark as they seem to sell a lot of rather nice house bric a brac stuff which is going to scupper my decluttering attempt! Mind you if I buy the pyjamas online I can limit the picture frames, vases etc. Going to look now….

MayBee70 Tue 19-May-26 13:31:27

Witzend

MayBee70

I’ll try Asda. It’s so frustrating not being able to just walk round town. Primary is quite a way from the car park.

You can buy online from Asda.

I can park outside my local Asda, just can’t walk round town easily these days.

MayBee70 Tue 19-May-26 13:30:25

Casdon

I like Sainsbury’s Tu for pyjamas, they have loads of choice and styles.
The only thing is though, this is the wrong time of year to look for dark coloured pyjamas, everything is pastels and bright colours for the summer in the shops at the moment, so you’ll have more choice if you wait until August when the winter stock comes in.

That’s probably why whenever I find ones that I like they’re out of stock. It doesn’t help that my iPad is painfully slow at the moment and I get to the out of such bit via lots of buffering.

Autumncolours Tue 19-May-26 10:03:02

To add, they are quite wide legged but at 5 ft 4 they don’t cause me any issues.