Not sure how interested in it I will be. Like I said on the not watching thread, it may depend how far some Countires I am interested in, get to, in the competition.
I wanted Spain to wipe the floor with Argentina because I loathe the way that Argentina have conducted themselves. I therefore hoped that Spain would score many goals. After the 1-0 victory I decided that it was better that Argentina be defeated by only one goal because they should be the more disappointed that it was so near ; yet so far !! Viva L'Espana 🎶😄
To follow other GN's, yes, this thread has been pretty positive. A shame we couldn't celebrate it coming home but we are getting closer. Little steps. This thread shows that even if opinions differ we can all respect that. No need for nastiness. Perhaps it may permeate to other threads?
Thank you for starting the thread, fancythat. On a site where football is often derided for being stupid, or being enjoyed by stupid people, it was refreshing to have a thread with no criticism or ridicule of posters' interest in the game. Until 4 years' time!
We only watched the second half of the final but were appalled by the Argentinian team, what absolute thugs, I would be ashamed to be from that country. My grandson who knows about these things, said that they were the only all white team and that Argentina can be very racist. Who knew?
Well done Spain, thank goodness, this was the result we hoped for after the appalling behaviour of the Argentinians.
We were out so didn't see the match but someone said that six of the Argentinian team play for British clubs. I wonder what kind of welcome they'll receive next season?
Enzo Fernandez rightly received a red card after 2 yellows. He plays for Chelsea. Let me say that once our season starts he won't be showing the commitment and energy to Chelsea that he shows to Argentina. Nowhere near.
I too thought Wayne Rooney was surprisingly good, love his comment on the ridiculous half time "show".
Brilliant result, so pleased for Spain.
However, I can't help thinking the Spanish fans, missed a trick not bursting into "Don't cry for me Argentinian" appalling team behaviour during and after the game.
Thankfully, Spain are above that sort of tit for tat childishness. They let their football and dignity do the talking.
Well done Spain, thank goodness, this was the result we hoped for after the appalling behaviour of the Argentinians.
We were out so didn't see the match but someone said that six of the Argentinian team play for British clubs. I wonder what kind of welcome they'll receive next season?
I too thought Wayne Rooney was surprisingly good, love his comment on the ridiculous half time "show".
Brilliant result, so pleased for Spain.
However, I can't help thinking the Spanish fans, missed a trick not bursting into "Don't cry for me Argentinian" appalling team behaviour during and after the game.
I thought Wayne Rooney was surprisingly good as a pundit, too. It annoys me that the England team played Argentina with a referee that was loathe to give them a yellow card.
Argentina should be banned from the next World Cup. They are bully boys and get away with an awful lot. The scenes at the end with Argentine players assaulting the Spanish footballers was unacceptable and shows them for what they are. Well done Spain. Richly deserved.
I won Spain winner I knew that I would win that made me happy and it seemed important to me while seeing Donald deliver the trophy caused me to gag and it is also a betrayal the players who say Waving the flag of a country as marginalized as Palestine shake hands with that guy but good and then there is also the issue of excluding to my country for example 🇷🇺 Likewise, it is already known that football is their instrument to move the pawns that you are humans, neither more nor less. that take you where they want to divert the other matters that are important and what happens with sports such as skating swimming and others do not interest football, it is already a monopoly
My goodness have you seen the appalling behaviour of some of those Argentine players!
I just saw a bit on the news. What awful losers. Maybe they’ll learn a lesson from all this. Although there has been some dubious refereeing at the end of the day playing dirty doesn’t win.