This original post was in March 2022. The animal abusers were dealt with, and the cat taken away.
We are surrounded by sea so why is fish so expensive?
Sign up to Gransnet Daily
Our free daily newsletter full of hot threads, competitions and discounts
Subscribe
Kurt and Yoan Zouma are to be charged with animal cruelty. I hope the RSPCA make an example of them and give them the harshest sentence they can and ban them from ever owning any animal for life.
This original post was in March 2022. The animal abusers were dealt with, and the cat taken away.
Joseann
I don't think it was rehashed by a GNetter, was it? Most of us were just filling in details about the vile pepetrator.
But football is football, and the reason it gets raked up is because footballers should be seen as role models. So if you get a footballer who is involved in say a sex scandal (Rooney, Giggs), then the story just runs and runs. Or like Gascoigne and booze. The press love to hound footballers and lambast them more than any other type of sportsman for being poor examples for children to look up to.
Absolutely This.
I don't think it was rehashed by a GNetter, was it? Most of us were just filling in details about the vile pepetrator.
But football is football, and the reason it gets raked up is because footballers should be seen as role models. So if you get a footballer who is involved in say a sex scandal (Rooney, Giggs), then the story just runs and runs. Or like Gascoigne and booze. The press love to hound footballers and lambast them more than any other type of sportsman for being poor examples for children to look up to.
Oh yes, I saw the post upthread about your forgetfulness. Never mind after what I forgot today I think I will join you.
I think it got revived by a spammer, rafichagran and has taken off from there.
Right, I'm off.
(Before I forget and post again!)
Callistemon21
I'm not a cat person, rafichagran but can't bear cruelty to most animals.
Neither can I, and I had five cats living with me at one time. I just feel that reviving a two year old thread just because Zouma is a well paid football player is unnecessary, the cats are re homed and Zouma had consequences for his actions. I think people should accept this and not re hash it.
I'm not a cat person, rafichagran but can't bear cruelty to most animals.
The cats were re homed, the brothers were bought to court for the offence and were fined. I would say that was the end of it, it's up to the courts to decide on the punishment.
Why keep bringing it up. Zouma lost his cats and said at the time there was no excuse for his behaviour, and he was remorseful. He can do no more, he lost alot of sponsorship, and had to put up with alot of taunting from opposing football fans.
I cannot abide cruelty and there has been stories on the news about cruelty to animals, horse lady being one, plus cruelty to vunerable people, but still people rake up old coals about Zouma. It just sounds like some people want revenge not justice.
Good.
I think there were two, presumably both happy and cared for now.
It was a two year old story but with an unfinished ending.
It was rehomed.
But what happened to the cat?
VioletSky
It's a 2 year old thread that had no comments... Until what was probably some sort of spam appeared on it
Was footballers, abuse, losing sponsorship by a footballer supplier, if I recall correctly. They paid up. All over as much as I know.
I don't remember!
Actually, I sat next to someone the other week, I've known her for years and she's a 'friendly acquaintance' but could I remember her name? We chatted away. Then she got up and someone else said "Oh, has Jenny gone to make tea?"
Phew!
Callistemon good advice
We haven't met before have we? I'm Violet
VioletSky
It's a 2 year old thread that had no comments... Until what was probably some sort of spam appeared on it
There was another thread at the time
Did say that already?
Best find the thread on forgetfulness.
I didn't bring them up, someone else did. I till have no idea who they are.
I did assume that they were young and very very rich. How many young incredibly rich doctors, engineers, nurses, etc etc are there? The two professions that provide young men with many millions of pounds before they are out of their teens or in their early 20s are the two I mentioned. I would have undoubtedly have added any more worthy professions if there was evidence that you could make £10,million a year at 19 in them.
It's a 2 year old thread that had no comments... Until what was probably some sort of spam appeared on it
I never mentioned they were black Primrose, yes they are footballers, they earn alot of money, but is this a excuse to keep bringing this up two years later.
The Zouma brothers did a horrible thing and were punished in a court of law. They are also human beings, Zouma has young children, why keep bringing it up. We are not vilifying the horse kicker in the same way.
The Zouma brothers get mentioned because millions of people follow football. My DGS age 8 knows about them, as he does about MBappé who is also black, not that he notices their colour. Actually I think I read that 50% of our footballers are white, 50% black.
Monica I have just agreed with another poster. You also assumed they were footballers and rappers.
Also the Zouma brothers were punished by the law, and in my opinion other incidences have occured, I remember the woman kicking and hitting a horse, it was on the news and in the papers, people do horrible vile things and they should be punished, but the Zouma brothers are the ones who keep being bought up. I wonder why.
I zoomed in my two main areas of total ignorance 😂 😂 🤣 🤣
You what M0nica? Sorry, I couldn't resist the zoum pun! Actually, maybe you thought of a footballer because he does zoom around the pitch. He is French by the way. ⚽️
I am not sure quite what you mean rafichagran.
As I said, I made assumptions that the men concerned were young and rich and 'celebrities' in some field. This means they were in professions where they earned lots of money when still young and immature.
Since I have a fairly broad knowledge of news events, the chances are that if they had been politicians, new readers, actors or in most other professions, I would have heard of them, so , as I have said, I zoomed in my two main areas of total ignorance, where I knew young men of all ethnicities can earn a lot of money. One is playing football and the other is rapping. There may be others, but I am unaware of them.
The rest is in your mind not mine.
BlueBelle
Blimey Monica so those names only connect as footballs or rappers not a doctor or a solicitor,…. just a rapper Wow
I agree with you.
I still don't.
There was a thread a while ago condemning the Zouma brothers and disbelief that they got away with their disgusting behaviour so lightly.
Anyway, I do have to know a bit about football but I didn't know who they were.
I do now though. 😡
Registering is free, easy, and means you can join the discussion, watch threads and lots more.
Register now »Already registered? Log in with:
Gransnet »Get our top conversations, latest advice, fantastic competitions, and more, straight to your inbox. Sign up to our daily newsletter here.