Gransnet forums

Site stuff

A new annoying popup

(111 Posts)

GNHQ have commented on this thread. Read here.

Grammaretto Fri 21-Aug-26 17:24:10

It only appears on Gransnet and I think it's advertising some kind of anti virus.
I try to delete it but it pops back and after a couple of times my half written post has vanished.
Mega annoying.
Can you help HQ?

BlueBelle Wed 26-Aug-26 22:27:29

So that’s even weirder Maybee I m on Apple iPad and Apple phone and no sign of it !

MayBee70 Wed 26-Aug-26 22:05:14

It only happens on my Apple iPad not on my computer.

Iam64 Wed 26-Aug-26 20:45:25

Interesting BlueBelle, im Apple iPad all good today

BlueBelle Wed 26-Aug-26 19:31:29

I m on Apple iPad and iPhone and not had anything is it an android thing ?

Iam64 Wed 26-Aug-26 19:13:08

Oh sukie, this is my third visit to gransnet today - no pop ups yet here

sukie Wed 26-Aug-26 14:32:08

I too hoped it might have been sorted but it appeared again a short time ago.

Wyllow3 Tue 25-Aug-26 22:57:04

Ooo yes, you are right, just noticed too.

Grammaretto Tue 25-Aug-26 18:51:59

Iam64

This is my favourite first visit to gransnet without the infuriating intrusion - maybe hq have sorted it

Oh let's hope ☺️

Iam64 Tue 25-Aug-26 18:51:02

This is my favourite first visit to gransnet without the infuriating intrusion - maybe hq have sorted it

JenniRen Tue 25-Aug-26 10:45:46

It takes over the whole screen.

PiscesLady Tue 25-Aug-26 10:32:37

This just popped up while looking at Good Morning thread. Oppo Android phone. Time on the screen shot.

Puss Tue 25-Aug-26 10:12:41

Me too I thought it was me.

tanith Tue 25-Aug-26 10:10:25

Ive had it twice just now its bloody annoying.

Parsley3 Tue 25-Aug-26 10:06:01

I have had the antivirus ad pop up four times just now. I take it that GNHQ are still trying to get rid of it.

Jaxjacky Tue 25-Aug-26 09:05:49

Its meaning people aren’t posting as they lose what they’re typing, happened three times today already.

Sadgrandma Tue 25-Aug-26 09:00:06

It’s still happening. Very annoying

Iam64 Tue 25-Aug-26 08:51:47

So did mine Jacjacky but I wasn’t quick enough

Jaxjacky Mon 24-Aug-26 21:34:10

Just before both of them a brief ‘pop up blocked (1)’ message.

Iam64 Mon 24-Aug-26 20:34:14

Only on gransnet and often the instant you press gransnet

JenniRen Mon 24-Aug-26 19:54:32

It takes over even if you're not logged in.

Iam64 Mon 24-Aug-26 16:05:35

It’s tedious . Google suggests clearing cache - long instructions and I’m gardening instead. My worry is inadvertently pressing a button when closing it down, that means I’m on a subscription

MG55 Mon 24-Aug-26 13:58:06

I have had these as well. Only on Gransnet.

Wyllow3 Mon 24-Aug-26 13:54:23

Aggh cremations.

Wyllow3 Mon 24-Aug-26 13:52:36

Not here at all. Is it because it's a Mac in my case with anti virus stuff? May just be chance.

Atm it's changing between a my brand car advert and male shirts with an octupus on. Oh, now it's a don't slip in the shower one: well, thats standard oldie stuff so OK.

It's that firm beginning with a T 4 letter word endless cheap and dodgy stuff that keeps coming on that drives me spare.

Unfortunately I had clicked on the T one to look see once or twice so will stop that.

MayBee70 Mon 24-Aug-26 13:42:32

I’ve only just realised it only happens on gransnet.