I've been with GN a while now and, while I dislike tailored ads, I accept that it costs money to run a free-access site like this and console myself with running a programme that knocks out tracking cookies every so often.
For the past two days, I've been denied access to Gransnet (even when signed out and trying to come in as a visitor) unless I accepted a much-longer-than-usual agreement to allow access to all sorts of things including ip addresses. I am most uncomfortable with this, especially as the page tag said cruiseoffthecuff and not Grans Net.
Lo and behold, when I reluctantly gave in just now and came in, the first ad is for cruiseoffthecuff. Surprise.
As I said, I don't mind ads and accept them as a necessary evil, but I do a lot of research online and enjoy chatting here about lots of subjects. It can be distressing to find what I do (even off GN) is tracked by ad companies.
I should be able to say no to the tracking and still look in as a visitor.
I am probably going to leave GN in the next few days but wondered if anyone else had any thoughts?
Ruler Of The World (lighthearted)
D'you Reckon That When Trump Dies.......



And just what did ZoeGN say that Lara had to delete?!
