I like making liqueurs/flavoured vodka etc. I usually make sloe gin or vodka, or damson gin or vodka. I have made blackberry whiskey - quite delicious! Mostly given as presents, but I enjoy also.
I have made a quince liqueur too, delicious but it needs to be kept in a dark bottle or in the dark, or the lovely golden colour becomes much darker. I have made seville gin too, that does need to stay undisturbed for at least 2 years, but does have a lovely flavour.
Currently soaking in vodka, are some elderflower blossoms, one more week needed and then add some sugar syrup and bottle.
I forage crab apples, blackberries, damsons, wild garlic, and rose hips.
I am hoping to attend a foraging course, or join a group this year to learn better - especially regarding mushrooms.
I have tried making/keeping a Rumtopf a couple of years ago but it was not a success, I obviously made a mistake in the method somewhere, but I will try again.