I can cope with spiders, but daddy-long-legs have always annoyed me. If I find one in my bedroom, I turn out the light, keep the door open and leave the landing light on. Most nocturnal insects will make for the light. I am sad that so many people fear moths. They are just like butterflies, but, because they fly at night, have come to be a cause for fear and even panic. If you really look at a moth, it's a fascinating insect, has interesting patterns. There's a huge variety of moths and the only one I want to exterminate is the little clothes moth which will lay eggs from which the caterpillars will emerge and eat my best sweaters.
Gransnet forums
Science/nature/environment
Join the conversation
Registering is free, easy, and means you can join the discussion, watch threads and lots more.
Register now »Already registered? Log in with:
Gransnet »

. We haven’t found the arachnid yet. ??
