JennyCee
What is a ‘fronted adverbial’? I’ve never heard of it. Hadn’t heard of ‘parsing’ either, but I went to a Grammar School and I like to think I speak English properly, albeit with a Northern accent. Writing, I have to check and recheck though.
These are examples from BBC Bitesize.
"A fronted adverbial is when the adverbial word or phrase is moved to the front of the sentence, before the verb.
Earlier today, I discovered fronted adverbials.
So here, 'earlier today' is a fronted adverbial.
Here are some more examples.
Calmly, the family sat together and watched a movie.
Like a cheetah, Bill sprinted to the finish."
Hope that is helpful.
I wish other posters on here would recognise that times have changed since the 1970s and 80s and children are taught and tested on grammar and spelling, within a clear framework which is easily accessible on the internet.