Last Wednesday, 5th, I had an operation on my hand to remove a cancerous growth. This also entailed a skin graft taken from the inside top of my arm.
Today, 12th, I had to go for a follow up appointment to check that everything was healing and the skin graft was taking. All good at the hospitals end, thank goodness. No need to go back unless any issues. I was told to make an appointment with my GP surgery for next Wednesday, 19th, so in 7 days time, to have the dressing changed, the graft checked and assessed for continued healing and see if the stitches can be removed. They even gave me specialised dressing packs for the GP surgery to use.
The only appointment available was for Friday 28th, so over two weeks away! I was told to go along to the walk in clinic on 19th. I asked if there would be someone available who can assess a skin graft. They didn't know, and then rattled off a list of thing they don't do.
So I had to make the appointment for 28th just in case there was no one at the walk in clinic who can assess a skin graft.
Thank you for listening to my ranting.
Deep Breaths, large cup of coffee and r e l a x.
Gransnet forums
Gransnet cafe
Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.
Join the conversation
Registering is free, easy, and means you can join the discussion, watch threads and lots more.
Register now »Already registered? Log in with:
Gransnet »

