Gransnet forums

Gardening

Weeding birders covered with tiny weeds.

(6 Posts)
Allsorts Sat 10-Oct-26 07:27:44

All my borders are covered in tiny weeds that are all over the remaining poor grass too. . It looks like seedlings or watercress. Trouble bending or kneeling now. Any suggestions gratefully received.

Whitewavemark2 Sat 10-Oct-26 07:32:58

Just keep hoeing. Mulching helps as well.

Astitchintime Sat 10-Oct-26 07:43:01

I have these in my borders too……..had them last year and just leave them until they’re robust enough to pull out, roots and all, tried hoeing but they kept coming back.
Won’t be a problem when it snows as all the gardens will look the same……..just saying 🤷‍♀️

Gwyllt Sat 10-Oct-26 08:06:08

You can hoe the borders It’s those growing along the edges in older tarmac Won’t hoe off was thinking of trying stiff yard brush. Don’t really want to resort to weed killer

Basgetti Sat 10-Oct-26 09:14:42

Are they sycamores?

shysal Sat 10-Oct-26 09:38:33

I had them in a flower bed last year. I left them, hoping they were from the poppy seeds that I had scattered. They all died after the first frost.
I too have them in my grass this year. I think some of them are forget-me-nots. I don't like using weed killers but I have sprayed some of them with a lawn one. Unfortunately it rained afterwards, so I shall see whether it worked or not.