Gransnet forums

Games

NEW - "New Limerick Thread II 2016" (following New Limerick Thread

(135 Posts)
Wyllow3 Mon 20-Jul-26 14:14:23

Carrying on the limerick left at close of play 1000 posts:

A small gerbil would be quite cheap
A very small pet for to keep
A bit like a rat
But they get very fat

Wyllow3 Thu 06-Aug-26 20:57:56

I went to the beaches of Crete
Enjoyed ocean breezes so sweet
As I lay in the sun
I thought of the One

pably15 Thu 06-Aug-26 20:19:16

I went to the beaches of Crete
Enjoyed ocean breezes so sweet
As I lay in the sun

GoldenLady Thu 06-Aug-26 15:45:28

I went to the beaches of Crete
Enjoyed ocean breezes so sweet

Wyllow3 Thu 06-Aug-26 08:30:17

You reap what you sow some would say
That honesty's the only way
But that sounds so boring
You've got us all snoring..
Seems the once famed had feet of clay.

I went to the beaches of Crete

SpinDriftCoastal Thu 06-Aug-26 08:25:16

You reap what you sow some would say
That honesty's the only way
But that sounds so boring
You've got us all snoring..

GoldenLady Tue 04-Aug-26 15:19:45

You reap what you sow some would say
That honesty's the only way
But that sounds so boring

Magenta8 Tue 04-Aug-26 14:31:02

You reap what you sow some would say
That honesty's the only way

henetha Tue 04-Aug-26 11:17:38

She got away with it for years
But is in prison now, three cheers
She won't be missed at all
She'll cry and she'll bawl
But we'll ignore her shouts and tears.

You reap what you sow, some would say

MollyNew Mon 03-Aug-26 20:16:14

She got away with it for years
But is in prison now, three cheers
She won't be missed at all
She'll cry and she'll bawl

SpinDriftCoastal Sun 02-Aug-26 13:44:02

She got away with it for years
But is in prison now, three cheers
She won't be missed at all

henetha Sun 02-Aug-26 13:38:43

She got away with it for years
But is in prison now, three cheers

Wyllow3 Sat 01-Aug-26 22:53:43

But ..and how might the fortune crone know?
Has she contacts with hell below?
Or worked with police
Their palms she would grease
Help with anyone who's her foe

She got away with it for years

MollyNew Sat 01-Aug-26 22:32:42

But ..and how might the fortune crone know?
Has she contacts with hell below?
Or worked with police
Their palms she would grease

Wyllow3 Fri 31-Jul-26 22:50:48

But ..and how might the fortune crone know?
Has she contacts with hell below?
Or worked with the police

Magenta8 Fri 31-Jul-26 22:26:01

But ..and how might the fortune crone know?
Has she contacts with hell below?

Wyllow3 Fri 31-Jul-26 16:20:22

In shock I returned to my flat
The fraud stuff - she really did that?
Was she really a crook?
Well, she did "cook the book"
With the excuse of "bureaucrat"

But ..and how might the fortune crone know?

GoldenLady Fri 31-Jul-26 15:34:36

In shock I returned to my flat
The fraud stuff - she really did that?
Was she really a crook?
Well, she did "cook the book"

MollyNew Mon 27-Jul-26 18:26:14

In shock I returned to my flat
The fraud stuff - she really did that?
Was she really a crook?

Wyllow3 Sun 26-Jul-26 22:50:53

In shock I returned to my flat
The fraud stuff - she really did that?

Magenta8 Sun 26-Jul-26 21:51:34

I went and had my fortune told
Of days to come and days of old
It was uncanny
She mentioned granny
What she told me made me grow cold

In shock I returned to my flat

Plevey08 Sun 26-Jul-26 17:40:16

I went and had my fortune told
Of days to come and days of old
It was uncanny
She spoke of my Granny

MollyNew Sun 26-Jul-26 17:38:47

I went and had my fortune told
Of days to come and days of old
It was uncanny
She mentioned my granny

henetha Sun 26-Jul-26 12:07:18

I went and had my fortune told
Of days to come and days of old
It was uncanny

SpinDriftCoastal Sun 26-Jul-26 10:32:56

I went and had my fortune told
Of days to come and days of old

Magenta8 Sun 26-Jul-26 09:10:06

Today it has started to rain
Not enough yet, its still a shame
My garden will drink
And the dry bits shrink
But my lawn won't green up again

I went and had my fortune told