Gransnet forums

Food

Whoops

(3 Posts)
Septimia Sat 10-Oct-26 18:40:55

I use my mum's boiled cake recipe. One year I forgot the eggs. Nobody noticed!
I think your cake will be fine.

Farmor15 Sat 10-Oct-26 18:37:29

Should be fine- in a heavy fruit cake, it won't be noticed- so many other flavours

Linbo31 Sat 10-Oct-26 17:58:59

I always make a Christmas cake using my gran’s boiled fruit cake recipe and I’ve doubled the amount to make two , unfortunately I think I put 2teaspoons of baking powder instead of 2 of bicarb in the mix, and realised just as I went to put it on to boil so I added 2 teaspoons of bicarb into the mix. I tasted it and it seems alright, obviously tomorrow I’ll add the flour and eggs, etc , but do you think it’ll be ok once cooked? I didn’t want to throw the mixture out because of all the butter and fruit in it. Fingers crossed it’ll be okay. Any thoughts, please?