Don't worry, I am not trying to start a trend for special meals on election day, I simply need suggestions because I will be working at a polling station. I am there from 6 am to 10 pm - and I am not allowed to leave between those hours. As you may know, polling stations can be based anywhere, from pubs to schools to huts. The station I will be at has no catering facility, not even a microwave. There is a water boiler of some sort (for tea and coffee) and that's it. So I need suggestions for food - breakfast, lunch and 'dinner' - things that I can eat which don't need heating up. I will take a flask of homemade soup but really don't want to have sandwiches all day. The room will be heated but as the doors are left open it may be chilly nevertheless - first time for me so not too sure what to expect - any suggestions??
Gransnet forums
Food
Join the conversation
Registering is free, easy, and means you can join the discussion, watch threads and lots more.
Register now »Already registered? Log in with:
Gransnet »

