I think estrangements are usually much more complicated than how a child was raised. Parent blaming needs to stop. There can be so many reasons someone is estranged. When people say, "Oh, it must be because...", I think it's because they are looking for a reason that reassures themselves it can't happen to them.
I also think blaming the spouse of the EAC is altogether wrong. Our adult children make their own decisions, regardless of the input of anyone else in their life. It's not the fault of the spouse at all. If the EAC is influenced by the spouse, it's because they let them.
And what of parents who make the decision to estrange their own child? It happens, even sometimes without the kind of pressing reasons we might understand.
Richard Osman and his House of Games
Wedding Present Dinner Service.
Sudden pain in back of leg behind knee
My daughter is lying about me and editing me out of her life.


.
and you've hit the nail on the head there "to satisfy some deep seated dissatisfaction in their own lives"