This Israeli regime has to be stopped!
My daughter is lying about me and editing me out of her life.
Yes I know it is early but....
Trump blames Zelensky for war on Ukraine and says they need a new leader 🙄
Sign up to Gransnet Daily
Our free daily newsletter full of hot threads, competitions and discounts
Subscribe
Okay everyone...
Tomorrow is the 1st of the month and so log in to record your interest if you are keen to have a monthly ‘Grand Weigh In’ to chart your 5:2 progress.
The idea is to have a separate forum for this - as a place to see whether weight has been maintained, gained or lost in comparison to the 1st day of the previous month.
Tomorrow (01/02/19) will be for all who’d like to ‘register’ their interest.
There is a separate forum up & running for mutual support and ideas on the diet already.
Good luck over the coming months everyone❗️

?, I’m not that keen on salad but I like smaller size jeans - decisions decisions
Doesn't have to be salads, you can eat lots of vegetables in lots of other filling ways; soups, ratatouille, veg curries; look at all those Vegan recipes, nothing but veg, then search online, all those other high veg non salald dishes.
I’ve eaten more kale in the last
9 weeks than the last 9 years lol
Don't be ashamed Shysal it's a difficult journey.I'm hoping it'll be easier to avoid the munchies now the clocks have changed.I just need to reign my weekend eating in , i seem to think i deserve a treat if I've done well through the week 
I started in Jan and lost 4 lbs. Since then I have lost nothing. I know the reason. It's because I have been cheating in all sorts of ways. I seem to want to punish myself as soon as I see some weight loss. I will join this weigh in and try and have more self discipline.
My husband started in Jan also and has now lost 1 1/2 stones.
Men do seem to lose fast at first. Remember the tortoise and the hare. Look forward to seeing your post on May 1, Framilode
Katyj perhaps you could cut your treat window to half an hour on a day of your choice. I’m sure you can do it. My last post on here until next GWI
Morning all, happy May. BMI says overweight not obese after loss of 9lbs in April. Lowest weight for 7 years.
Well done GrannyIris! I am afraid I have lost nothing over the last month, not having stuck to the regime. At least I have not gained. Must try harder.
Hi everyone I have now lost 1st 6 1bs since the beg of January . I am the lowest I have been for a long time. I’ve followed a low carb diet and done 2 800 calls 5-2 days each week. and in doing so at a recent check up have reversed my type 2 diabetes which was my main intention. I am chuffed!
shysal it’s a marathon not a sprint, I’m sure by June 1 you’ll have lost, do you take measurements, muscle is heavier than fat.
Same here shysal I’m afraid. Actually I’m pleased I’ve maintained if I’m honest as I’ve only had 2 fast days all month! Too much socialising and not enough willpower.
Never mind. Draw a line in the sand and start again. I am determined to record a loss on 1 June!
Very well done GrannyIris bet you’re delighted!
Gosh TwiceAsNice that’s amazing! I’m in awe that people can be so motivated. Right that has inspired me to try (much) harder as I need to lose another 1.5sts. I don’t mind if it takes all year but I must record a weight loss or at the worst, maintain, on this thread each month.
It’s my own fault. I’ve been rubbish.
TwiceAsNice that’s really good news well done. I’m trying low carb too, but can’t resist a few roast potatoes on Sunday - got to have a treat. Ice cream is my demon, 1 leads to 3.
Urmstongran don’t put yourself down, it’s not easy to fast, more you do though makes that fasting muscle stronger. Good luck x
I can’t believe there’s only 4 of us on here today. Does everyone else think it’s the 31st of April ?
Oops I posted on the wrong thread.I've stayed the same ladies
Absolutely no willpower, fed up with myself .Been busy selling our house and buying another, but can't even blame stress, because I feel quite calm.Must try harder.
Hi Katyj, glad you’re still with us - same time next month ?
Morning all. The month of May has gone and also another 7lbs.
2st 7lb down since end of January. BMI gone from 33.9 to 27.8.
9” lost between bust, waist & hips.
Had to buy new shorts and t shirts, at Bravissimo prices bra’s will have to wait.
Waiting for more good news from my other losers on here. ?
Granny I'm in awe of you, absolutely fabulous.Which diet are you following ? I however am worse than useless, I forgot to get weighed this morning, in fact I haven't weighed myself for three weeks, because I know the weight is creeping on.We move house in the next week or two, and I have a lot of organising to do, so my focus towards weight loss has gone for the mo, hoping to find it again soon.Good luck to everyone else.
I am embarrassed to admit that once again I have lost nothing. No excuse apart from being on steroids and eating too much! One day the time will be right and I shall start again in earnest. I know I can do it when my head is in the right place.
Hope others have fared better, great results GrannyIris5!
Oh dear.
1. I’d forgotten the date
?
2. I’ve been intermittently on the 5:2 only done 4 fast days in May
?
3. I’ve gained 1lb. my own fault - so in total since January I’ve lost 5lbs. Rubbish, but what I deserve for my lack of willpower
?
Seems I can talk the talk .....
I so wanted to be slimmer for summer. Was even going to treat myself to a couple of new dresses. I have little interest in buying clothes at this size and seem to spend money buying bags and shoes instead.
I feel deflated this morning to be honest. And can only blame myself for it.
I hope others have done better than me (not difficult).
P.s. sorry, meant to say you’ve done amazing GrannyIris I’m very impressed. You must be very focused.
Actually if I could lose a bit, I would imagine it would spur me on.
It’s losing those first 3 - 4 lbs ....
May I join you people? Before Christmas, was doing well, below 13 st now up to 13 5. So new start, low carb etc. Problem is boredom mainly. And lack of discipline.
Eating out so difficult might join a gym again. Does anyone use an exercise bike at home?
I used to have an exercise bike at home, loopyloo, but soon got bored with it. I would watch TV at the same time, which I thought would motivate me. I sweat a lot when exercising so got fed up with having to change clothes to do it and then shower and change again. I have also tried a rowing machine, a twisty base thing, and even a folding multi-gym at various times in my life, but it was never long before I neglected them. Same old story with me, no staying power! The only thing that I have stuck with for many years is doing classes, I really love them. Unfortunately my RA has prevented me attending for a while, and I do miss them. I am still able to walk, doing 10,000 steps most days but even though I am determined to keep doing it, it still is becoming a bit of a chore. I hope you find something that suits you.
Registering is free, easy, and means you can join the discussion, watch threads and lots more.
Register now »Already registered? Log in with:
Gransnet »Get our top conversations, latest advice, fantastic competitions, and more, straight to your inbox. Sign up to our daily newsletter here.