Gransnet forums

Coronavirus

🦞 The Lockdown Gang still chatting 🦞

(683 Posts)
Doodle Sun 03-May-26 19:56:19

Yes another new thread. A gentle chat for old friends and new

Doodle Thu 08-Oct-26 22:13:31

Evening all. Had a nice day at art then afternoon tea at the church hall. Came home and fell asleep. 😴
Think illl head off t bed now. Sleep well all

NotSpaghetti Thu 08-Oct-26 14:31:36

The idea of 10 years of disruption
😬

Grammaretto Thu 08-Oct-26 14:30:05

NotSpaghetti is your exclamation because there's no house news or that my architect's project took 10 years 😟??
perhaps both

I hope all Lobstars are having a nice day.
Yoga was very relaxing today.

When do you go on your cruise NN? to wear all the glamorous clothes.

NotSpaghetti Thu 08-Oct-26 08:05:27

😱 Grammaretto!

Grammaretto Wed 07-Oct-26 22:47:06

That sounds a lovely day Doodle apart from the spilt milk.
I've been scrubbing a large strawberry juice stain off my kitchen table with vinegar, lemon juice and bicarb. It hasn't worked.

I have been watching Grand Designs which tonight was my architect's project. It took 10 years so perhaps it was just as well my project never got off the ground. 😂

I went to Peebles today to walk along the river and do a bit of shopping. There are some nice shops.

No house news.

Doodle Wed 07-Oct-26 22:00:16

Evening all.
Nice morning in church except I knocked over a jug of milk in the fridge. It ran all the way through to the bottom so everything had to be taken out and cleaned. Not what I needed that time of the morning. Had friends round for coffee this afternoon which was nice then spent some time sketching.
Hope everyone is ok . I’m off to bed now sleep well.x

Doodle Tue 06-Oct-26 20:23:53

Must bring on quite a few emotions seeing your belongings leave Grammaretto . We get attached to the things around us. Glad you had a nice visit from your dsis and BIL.
NN did you buy the green lacy jumpsuit? I liked your other dress too.

ixion Tue 06-Oct-26 18:53:34

Hugs, Grammaretto.
This must be so, so difficult.💐

Grammaretto Tue 06-Oct-26 17:18:06

Today has been a bit too much for me with people arriving to strip the poor old house bare.
Ofcourse it's not bare but barer.

Before that my DSis & DBiL left after a lovely few days. The family party went really well.
I'm staying in tonight. No evening class.

ixion Tue 06-Oct-26 16:37:34

Please keep it, NN and wear it with pride!
Good for you!

Does one need different frocks for each black tie bash on board? ⛴️

Grammaretto Tue 06-Oct-26 16:21:41

Naughtyneine yours could be rear of the year!

Naughtyneine Tue 06-Oct-26 09:41:19

Ladies...if I needed no further confirmation that my rear is the size of a small African nation other than that picture....I was further traumatised yesterday when I ventured into a changing room in M and S. I had completely forgotten how much I hate them. You would think with all their profit they could put a bit of soft focus on their mirrors. I nearly passed out after stripping off to try on a very pretty green lacy jumpsuit ( it looks much better than it sounds) and I caught sight of my rear view unclad apart from some fetching bikini knickers that had migrated into furrows ....it was a very sobering moment I can tell you and not one I'd like to repeat in this lifetime. The mermaid outfit will stay in it's bag and then go back on Vinted after a suitable time lapse. I have informed DH that I will now be embarking on a range of exercises designed to firm up my rear before purchasing any more evening wear. He asked if he could watch!!!!!!!and said he agreed wholeheartedly with Not Spag that commando is the way forward.

Doodle Mon 05-Oct-26 20:33:38

NN love the colour. Dress looks amazing. Are you sure it’s as bad as you think?
When are you going in the cruise? I do hope you enjoy it. I’m not much one for dressing up so my gala evenings we a bit muted but I did have a very flouncy pretty dress that I liked.
Notspaghetti are you suggesting the lobstars go commando? 😱😱. I can feel a draught in my nether regions already.
Grammaretto hope things work out for your move. Fingers crossed at this end
Been out all day helping a friend tidy her house. So tired now. I don’t really do stairs and I found it hard on my knees.
Taking a friend to hospital early in the morning so need an early night. Sleep well all xx

NotSpaghetti Mon 05-Oct-26 11:03:53

I think you just need big girl long-leg shaping pants for this - or maybe no pants would be even better...
I think the purpose of these pleaty dresses is to emphasise curves.

I think it will be fine.
Just sit down or do lots of wiggly dancing!

Naughtyneine Mon 05-Oct-26 10:14:57

I did warn you....

Naughtyneine Mon 05-Oct-26 10:14:20

I've just caught up... Ixion..I'm so happy to read that Kaimoana is settled in what sounds a lovely forever home...near her family too. I'm glad they found it for her...I was despairing a bit that she was having to do it all herself. It's Spring there so hopefully she will be able to enjoy the deck...and the outdoors that she loves.

I've finished the first stage of the....project....I have brainwashed myself from recalling any answers given by people I might bump into!!!!!!!!.
Mind you I completed a 'test' interview to see what what I would be asking and then requested that it be deleted for obvious reasons.... Well yesterday Royal Mail turned up with a package , as yet unopened but looking suspiciously like a pack of period pads.....Answers on a postcard as to what I might do with them 24 years after a hysterectomy. 😱.

Whilst you are still all laughing... Ok keep it going...I bought an evening dress from Vinted...( Apparently there are 3 black tie evenings on the cruise). I have a beautiful silver dress that weighs a ton so may have to stay behind so I've been looking for alternatives, I bought a fabulous midnight blue one from Vinted back in the summer...I think it cost all of £8 but fitted me perfectly ( it draped over bulgy bits and the bosomy bits looked reasonably pert ( not a word normally associated with 34G).
I digress, as normal I hear you say...but boldened by that success...I ventured again...this time a sort of teal coloured more fitted/gathered look. It arrived on Saturday.... What can I say...I look like an anaconda that has just been fed after a 3 month absence. Because I love you all I'm going to let you see....I don't think even one of those grippy body suit things is going redeem this purchase...
Who wants to look like a mermaid anyway?
DH of course said I looked fabulously sexy...bless him retirement has obviously relaxed his powers of observation. !!!!!

Not Spag....Thank you for my beautiful card...it's sitting alongside our wedding present from you all. It arrived last week and the words meant so much. ❤️

I think I'm mentally getting there...still the odd wobble but feeling more in control again...that said we are off to the in laws tomorrow...I love them dearly and I'm saddened at the situation and the feelings of helplessness and deja vu as MIL goes through the same as my ex. I suddenly get plunged right back. So it's big girl pants on ( I don't actually have any so my biggest bikini briefs will have to do) and a kick up the rear and get on with it.

Jan...I can understand what you mean now re cruising... There's actually a lot of walking just on board let alone shore visits etc. I hope that Mr J is reassured by the GP and you get back to walking soon.

Grammaretto... What a roller coaster ride this is proving to be...part of me thought...this is meant to be when the chain collapsed...I always seem to think everything happens for a reason...but then it's back on so maybe it's happened to give you more time to pack and sort. Is it time to take that short break to recharge your batteries maybe. I can hear the tiredness in your words. Sending you a big Cwtch.

Doodle... The cruise sounds lovely... I've always wanted to go to Norway...ever since it was part of my A level geography. I hope the sad moments were outweighed by memories of love and your DH.

I'm off to the gym now...the sight of my rear in above mentioned fancy dress has spurred me into trying to halt my derrière travelling southwards at a frightening speed. Ho Hum.
DH has booked a 5 day holiday to Majorca next week...thankfully no black tie events.

Doodle Sun 04-Oct-26 20:05:55

Lovely harvest festival lunch. 5 different soups and puds. Very tired now (I did the washing up!). Sleep well all

ixion Sat 03-Oct-26 19:07:47

We like determination in committed buyers, Grammaretto.
Still hoping ....

NotSpaghetti Sat 03-Oct-26 18:36:16

Yes, 🤞Grammaretto

Doodle Sat 03-Oct-26 17:44:27

That’s better news Grammaretto they are certainly interested in your property. Hope it all works out for you.

Grammaretto Sat 03-Oct-26 16:00:56

Things aren't looking so bleak today.
I've had a message from the buyers who are determined to get their place sold ASAP and are very keen still.

Hopefully it won't be too long a delay.

Jan16 Sat 03-Oct-26 14:18:33

Oh Gramarretto thats a bummer isnt it? Happens so often and having to go back to the beginning is so depressing. Hopefully it can all be sorted soon and who knows you may even find a house you can love even more

Grammaretto Thu 01-Oct-26 22:20:47

That would be good Doodle. I think I have her email address if that would do?

I went ceilidh dancing tonight to forget about the house business. It was great.

Thanks for your sympathy. I don't think he can afford my house ixion. His fund raising was well short of target.

Other people have real troubles. It's only a house.
I can move into the wee granny flat while I wait.

Night night Lobstars and sweet dreams .

Doodle Thu 01-Oct-26 20:22:45

Oh Grammaretto Im so sorry. It happens so often. I do hope they pick up the chain soon and you get your new home.
Kaimoana has said she would be thrilled to hear from anyone who wanted to write to her, I’m going to send her a card and will keep up with our chats as long as possible.

ixion Thu 01-Oct-26 19:34:35

Oh no, Grammaretto, that's dire.

I'm so sorry😥

(Is Music Man hovering in the wings?)