Have upu got a date Grammaretto?
😱😬😱😬😱😬
Good Morning Saturday 10th October 2026
Alphabetical Flora (trees, flowers etc)
Alphabetical Fauna (mammals, birds, reptiles, fish, insects etc.)
Yes another new thread. A gentle chat for old friends and new
Have upu got a date Grammaretto?
😱😬😱😬😱😬
Great to hear your news Naughtyneine. Having your friends with you sounds perfect.
I'm counting down to moving now and realise I won't get everything done.
3 potter friends have been helping me clear and pack up the pottery. More to go but a start has been made. I am so tired 😩
Wish I could safely put lots on my real plate...
I have put weight on again!
X-ed posts NN.
Lovely to hear your news🥰
It's not often we drop off the 'Last Day' page, but a quick 'hello' should bump us up there again now.
Cold and wet here, after an unexpectedly gorgeous afternoon yesterday. Luckily I don't mark my weekly meal planning round the weather forecast shock horror
Thinking of fellow 🦞s, especially those with worries and lots on their plates.
And Doodle ⚓️⛱️ on the ocean wave
Morning Lobstars from West Wales...our last day here. Our friends arrived last Tuesday and have thoroughly enjoyed themselves revisiting places from 45 years ago and I've been able to tell them and show them lots of local things too. They are very similar to us so it's all been very relaxed and we haven't spent all the time doing the same things or being together. We have had some lovely dog walks on the beach, they have a little rescue dog from Bulgaria who has really come out of her shy shell and thoroughly enjoyed racing across the beach with our crazy boys while S and I discussed everything from the Pray as you go app that we both listen to daily to ADHD diagnosis. The DH's meantime were sharing their mutual love of all things motorised. Yesterday we walked from Saundersfoot to Wiseman's Bridge through the tunnels and along the shore. We all got very confused as to which bit of beach at Coppets Hall the dogs were allowed on so opted for the bit that had several dogs already off leads and let all 3 of them career round for half an hour while we sat on the rocks and enjoyed the sun. We then walked on and had a very welcome drink at the pub in Wiseman's Bridge ( a very popular spot). I just had soda and lime as I really can't drink during the day. DH had a pint ( to ease his throat he said as he's come down with a cold). We then went back to Maeve fur a couple of hours ( I needed to work...more of that in a bit) and then went into Tenby and had a lovely meal ...2 meals including a steak option and a bottle of wine for £50. Today we are hoping to go to Caldey Island...my absolute spiritual home. I feel more settled in myself and just hope it continues when we get back home. I've been working whilst here...recruiting firstly for a political group discussion last Wednesday...not easy completing an excel spreadsheet on your phone!! and then for a large feminine hygiene product trial. 50 ladies who have all supplied details of their usage. I have tried to make it as easy as possible to answer some of the more very personal questions with humour...think along the lines of trimming and strimming. I then very inadvertently reduced them all to hysterics when I posted a picture of me on the newly acquired laptop with the caption...'here I am on holiday in the motorhome beavering away inputting all your data'. My phone practically lit up as the laughter emojis appeared and comments like...Oh my goodness did you really mean to put beavering...?
Oops.
DH insisted on buying a small laptop , he said he can't bear to see me bent over my phone trying to work...It had been on my to do list but as work is very sporadic ( it seems to always come in when we are away from home and the desktop computer). I'm very glad he did as it would have been nigh on impossible to input all the data otherwise.
I hope Doodle is having a fabulous cruise...BF sailed off round the med on Sunday...I watch her progress on the Vessel app. Currently in Cadiz.
Jan...I hope all has gone well for Mr J. I was sad when you said a cruise ship is no place for someone who has had a stroke. I thought they would have made access available to all and catered for peeps with all disabilities. 😟
Grammaretto...I might be shot down in flames and apologies to anyone who lives in Worthing but I think you need somewhere a bit more exotic for your much needed break. This has been such a long drawn out move and the adventure is still to happen so treat yourself to some R and R.. We've got a 5 day window in October that our friend has offered to dog sit and we are looking at a short haul hop to somewhere warm and cheap. Someone suggested Benidorm but having seen it on 7 up last night it looked very crowded and if I'm honest I like going to places where it's different to the UK...not just English food/bars/ people. Does that sound very snobby? DH says my face says what my brain is thinking. Eek.
DH is now on a mission to find a tow car. At the moment he drives Maeve and I drive my car to here. It means we have a vehicle that can be driven around the narrow lanes etc but he wants me to be able to enjoy the full Motorhome experience of travelling together ( Think Paul Merton and Suki Webster on the TV). I however ( but haven't admitted it yet) enjoy listening to Radio 4, The Archers, Desert Island discs etc etc as I pootle down the motorway...and normally just past Swansea I'm on Spotify murdering everything from The Duallers to Dirty Dancing normally arriving at Yerbeston belting out Dancing Queen. I think he's going to be in for a bit of a shock if his plan goes ahead.. .
I need to get dressed if I'm too be ready to leave at 11.....love to you all.
You're just missing out on the English Riviera, Grammaretto. West a little would do it!
I hope you manage to get away after the move for a break.
And return to a fully functioning and welcoming home.
Not much to report here, knitting and recuperating from an excess of digging this afternoon- it has been really mild here.
I hope Mr.J had a successful hospital appointment.
Somebody, hopefully not me, will need to hang around to check that Barney 🐈 returns eventually - he's been out for far too long several hours and his supper and any one of his selection of beds is awaiting.
Sounds lovely Ixion I think it may depend on where the flights go at that time of year from Edinburgh. 😂 And the cost ofcourse.
I have been offered a free let of a flat in Worthing but I guess that wouldn't still be tropical.
Madeira, maybe, Grammaretto?
Not that I've been, but I hear the climate is mild and the gardens (sub tropical) are lovely.
Not on a bucket and spade wish list, I would imagine, so relatively peaceful?
Poor Jan, I hope you and Mr.Jan are coping OK and that his medical issues are being properly attended to.
And good luck for tomorrow, hoping it's a routine checkup and nothing more pressing🤞
I hope it's all plain sailing for Doodle and that she manages to unwind.
All those tip trips, poor Grammaretto. So much of 'who you are' in the boot of a car on a one way journey. I hope one day you will get to the stage of saying 'thank goodness' when the last trip is completed.
Are you still thinking of converting the garage to a studio?
Lovely weather here currently. Apart from nipping out to plant 24 scented violas in my Greek urn (🤭), I have ceded the rest of the afternoon to Mr.I to continue pruning the wisteria.
Today, at least, he is up the stepladder while there is someone at home, lest he fall off ...
Currently he is out of sight, but not out of earshot.
Win - win.
I hope Doodle is happily sailing away!
I am a bit envious. I'd love a holiday and am planning one at least in my head.
Somewhere warm but not hot. Peaceful and beautiful ofcourse. Soon after my move. So end of October. My pal would come too. Any suggestions?
I've been driving load after load to the tip trying to clear the pottery. The guy at the tip even asked me if my Australian friend was still here! They know me well.
I'm going to a concert this afternoon which will be a lovely change.
Hope the Papworth appt goes well tomorrow Jan
Doodle. Absolutely love Norway. We did a great cruise there a few years ago. We had amazing weather and really think it was the best cruise ever. Just as well as we wont be doing anymore. A cruise ship is no place for a woman who has had a stroke! Nfk wouldnt let me on the steam boat that goes on the Broads although I was allowed on the electric boat and a very nice journey in was too!
Thanks for all the good wishes for DH. Think he is gradually improving although still out of breath. We went out for lunch today at our local hostelry. Certainly nothing wrong with his appetite now. Will see what Papworth have to say on Monday.
Great that we are still in touch with Kaimoana” bless her. Hope she finds somewhere she loves to live and big love to *Gramaretto on her move. Enjoy your honeymoon cruise too NN! Hope you have a wonderful time and calm seas! Two cruising friends who will have so much to tell us when they return.
🌊
Thinking of you and hoping for a smooth passage!
Looking forward to hearing about it when you're back.
Take care.
Yes, "Bon Voyage!"
⛴️ 🔭🏰 🍷🌥 🚌 🚢 🌙🛌
We will be thinking of you.
👋 Have a really lovely time Doodle. It's ok to be emotional xxx
ixion last cruise with DH he was fine apart from a few days when he wasn’t so good. It wasn’t till we came home that he had the accident which started everything off.
Our last. Raise was to Norway too so it’s a bit emotional for me.
Very kind of you to send your spare pair. Not sure they’ll be big enough. Mine are huge🤣🤣
Thank you all for your good wishes.
Grammaretto that’s a good idea that people can say what they would like you to leave behind. We left a large ladder, hose and a few other household things that we wouldn’t need when we moved from house with garden to flat.
Oh dear Jan I’m so sorry about your DH. Hope they can find out what’s wrong soon and give the appropriate treatment.
Well I’m sorry I won’t be in for a week now. I will be out of contact as no wifi.
Take care all and I will be thinking of you xx
Oh no poor Mr Jan and poor Jan.
It's almost worse for the carer watching them suffer.
I hope it clears up soon.
I decided to get the bus to the dentist where I've been this afternoon. It takes twice as long as the car but it's free, I can look on here and out the window at the rolling countryside soon to be covered by housing estates by the looks of it.
I managed to gaze at the geese from the bridge.
Oh Jan how horrible.
Hope you had a good sleep last night and that today helps get to the bottom of the (solvable) problems for MrJan
Morning from a miserable Norfolk. Rain is forecast but none yet. Fingers crossed for Gramaretto moving house is so stressful until you are actually living in it and all is signed!
Stressed with DH at the moment. Was sent to A and E by a nurse who thought he had a UTI. Survived all day there came home with antibiotics but next day he was breathless with low BP. Back to A and E! Ended up in the Frailty Unit! Very helpful there as by now he had thrush in his mouth. They also discovered he was over medicated. Yesterday was spent in Norwich hospital being examined from head to toe. Seemed a lot better last night but not a happy bunny today. Monday will be spent at Papworth - thank heaven for hospital transport!
Well thats the current tale of woe from here - getting old is no joke is it? Love to all
.
Have a wonderful time Doodle I feel sure you will.
❤️
No nothing is final until the contracts are signed. The new house is being sold by the POA somewhere in England and equity release is involved too so I think their solicitors are being ultra careful to stick to the letter of the law..
Perhaps they are worried I may pull out if I see it again! I have seen it inside twice but have walked around it several times.
My buyers have seen around my house and listed everything I can leave for them which is extremely useful. Even so I'm relying on an elasticated garage (a TARDIS would be good) for all the "I can't part with this" things.
I've made a list of all my roses. I shall take cuttings of them and my friend will print labels - indelible, sun and waterproof she says-.
20 so far and all with a story to tell.
Have a really lovely time Doodle. Send a postcard when you can! XX
When do you go, Doodle?
I think you are very brave, especially as the last cruise you did with DH was when he was very poorly, as I recall🌷
Sending you my spare Big Girls' Knickers.
HTH x
Grammaretto how many times have you seen the new place? Have you exchanged contracts yet? That might be a silly question I know that in Scotland things are done differently than here.
Well I’ve packed my clothes just got all the rest to do now.
I did see on another thread that lots of books have gone off to a charity.
That's good news.
I'm unable to see round the new house. Their solicitors say no.
How strange that seems to me.
We have just allowed the buyer of my mother-in-law's house to go to measure up.
Could you ask the estate agent to ask the owners?
The request just came via the estate agent.
Why is the solicitor making this choice?
How very frustrating.
I hope you can relax and enjoy the cruise Doodle. 🚢
I had quite an easy day with just the antique dealer taking a few things and giving me a few pounds. Plus a potter friend who's helping me by taking materials to her place until I'm ready to have them back. She's a great help.
I'm unable to see round the new house. Their solicitors say no. 😟
Your camping ground sounds very nice NN and how exciting to be planning a Carribbean cruise.
I hope all Lobstars are doing well.
Registering is free, easy, and means you can join the discussion, watch threads and lots more.
Register now »Already registered? Log in with:
Gransnet »Get our top conversations, latest advice, fantastic competitions, and more, straight to your inbox. Sign up to our daily newsletter here.