Gransnet forums

Chat

Culling !

(7 Posts)
nanna8 Fri 02-Oct-26 07:30:10

Just been culling my tops. There were two full drawers of T shirts etc and delving down I found a couple I bought during Covid, brand new with labels still on. Felt a bit like Christmas! I filled a bin sack to go to the opshop. Apart from anything else it made me feel better to have a couple of tidy drawers. I also thought I have to cut back on retail therapy , I don’t need all that stuff!

Oreo Fri 02-Oct-26 09:06:43

Send it to me!🤭
It’s always good to tidy out the drawers and wardrobes isn’t it?
I should really get rid of all the size 12 stuff I have been holding onto just in case I lose weight when I have been a generous size 14 for years.

shysal Fri 02-Oct-26 09:24:45

Last week I took 21 bags of clothes to the charity bins at my local Asda blush. It was very satisfying. I found clothes I didn't even recognise. I can now get my current items in the wardrobes and drawers instead of hanging them around the bedroom or piling them on the chairs.
I rewarded myself while at Asda with a pack of Lemon Meringue Loaded Doughnuts as a treat. Yum!

TheWeirdoAgain60 Fri 02-Oct-26 09:50:05

shysal - those Lemon Meringues sound gorgeous! When I finish my shift at 5 today, I'm running into Asda for a pack!

keepcalmandcavachon Fri 02-Oct-26 10:00:45

I'm the complete opposite nanna8! Really should get some new togs but I'm hopeless at getting around to doing it grin
When I go out I only ever seem to wear the same 4 outfits/dresses on repeat! Only a third of my built in wardrobe is usedshock
I've no clue about trends or labels, all that matters to me is pretty!
That said, I'm eternally grateful to MaryDoll who encouraged the purchase of a denim jacket ( I got a SeaSalt one) and its the best thing ever & goes with everything & makes me feel great!
Thankyou MaryDoll x

shysal Fri 02-Oct-26 10:04:25

TheWeirdoAgain60

shysal - those Lemon Meringues sound gorgeous! When I finish my shift at 5 today, I'm running into Asda for a pack!

You will find the lemon meringue doughnuts in the chilled cabinet along with trifles, cream cakes etc.

nanna8 Fri 02-Oct-26 11:52:58

I want some too! Lemon is my favourite flavour. Recently I bought a packet of lemon crumble what we call muffins ( cakes) from Woolworths and ended up stuffing my face with them. Online clothes are a bit of a curse for me, a bit too tempting when they are very,very cheap ( less than $15mostly) About £7.