Gransnet forums

Chat

looking for friends

(16 Posts)
lexi01 Tue 15-Sept-26 10:55:34

hello there
i am very new to this website for sure
i am just looking to make new friends smile

Smileless2012 Tue 15-Sept-26 10:59:20

Hello lexi and welcome to GN.

MarieElla Tue 15-Sept-26 11:01:58

cafe

Luckygirl3 Tue 15-Sept-26 11:08:31

Welcome.

If you are looking for real life friends and are retired or not working then I can thoroughly recommend joining your nearest U3A.

Astitchintime Tue 15-Sept-26 11:18:12

Hi lexi and a very warm welcome to Gransnet! Have a browse through the Forums and feel free to start a thread, whether it be to share snippets of information, or ask for advice there’s almost always someone willing to offer help 💐

lexi01 Tue 15-Sept-26 11:23:33

hello there and thank you so much smile

Jaxjacky Tue 15-Sept-26 11:24:22

Welcome lexi are you in the UK?

lexi01 Tue 15-Sept-26 11:31:37

hello there
yes,i definitely live in UK,how about you? smile

Georgesgran Tue 15-Sept-26 11:44:19

Morning lexi01.
Try to navigate your way to the Good Morning thread, opened daily by Mick.
That’ll give you a good insight into the lives and locations of several members of GN.

Charleygirl5 Wed 16-Sept-26 09:36:12

Welcome. Also Soop's Kitchen is also very friendly and helpful.

I have met three people in person from GN and we meet for coffee. The coffee sites are different because one lady doesn't know the two others and she lives the other end of London from me. Sorry, this is a tad convoluted.

I have been pen friends with two others for years but they live too far away to realistically visit.

Stay clear of the politics threads unless you have an extra hard hat and full body armour.

Enjoy. I have been around almost since it began and I am not a day older.

Magenta8 Wed 16-Sept-26 09:55:41

Welcome lexi01. I am newish to GN. I advise looking at the Forums to see what interests you. The Games Forum might be worth looking at and Chat is always full of interesting topics.

Whatever you go for I hope you like what you find.

Jaxjacky Wed 16-Sept-26 10:03:32

lexi01

hello there
yes,i definitely live in UK,how about you? smile

Yes, southern England.

hollysteers Wed 16-Sept-26 10:09:14

Hi lexi01. I hope you enjoy Gransnet as much as I do and make friends.
Watch out, it can become addictive!

TheWeirdoAgain60 Thu 17-Sept-26 09:18:49

Good morning, lexi01 and welcome to GN!

We're a good bunch of cucumbers here!

madeleine45 Mon 21-Sept-26 23:36:43

hallo Lexi,

Hope you enjoy joining us. There is a whole range of people and interests on here and I am sure you will find something to interest you. You will find that whatever problems or hassle you are having at the moment, there is sure to be a GN who has been through something similar and will offer ideas and suggestions that might help. Another great thing is that for those of who dont sleep well, but do not wish to disturb neighbours etc, you can find something to read and comment upon at any time of the day or night. Of course there are many and varied viewpoints about things, but I do think that most people are both kind and helpful and are fine disagreeing with another member but in a polite manner. As I live alone in a flat, I would not to disturb or wake neighbours when my back is bad, but find coming on to gransnet, allows me to think of something else and often find good ideas and tips from others. So take your time, have a read of some of the posts and then join in yourself.

Esmay Tue 22-Sept-26 20:48:28

Hi Lexi .
Choose a forum which reflects your interests.
I'm very keen on Art and also gardening.
And a big welcome to you !